Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics



Captree Blackfishing?

Page  1, 2  Next


  Discussion Boards > Partyboat Fishing
Author Message
notch3o2


Joined: 11/01/2009
Posts: 35
Location: South Shore LI
 posted 09/24/2013 05:37 PM  

Just wanted some input on which of the boats go for the blacks and if any have full days etc....who would you reccomend?
 
crabcake


Joined: 07/10/2003
Posts: 2848
 posted 09/24/2013 06:43 PM  

During the first 3 or 4 days of the season, pick a boat that fishes the bay on the top of the flood. The action on shorts is amazing and some nice keepers mix in. The Island Princess, Jib VI, and Captree Pride are all great 1/2 day choices. In the early season, you want to avoid the last 4 hours of the ebb so there's no need for a full day if you want strictly tog.

As the season progresses into late October through the closure, the Captree Princess may be your best bet. Captain Rob runs full day trips and the best bite is usually from mid-November up until the season closure.


Ling is King and Cusk are Deluxe!
 
notch3o2


Joined: 11/01/2009
Posts: 35
Location: South Shore LI
 posted 09/24/2013 09:22 PM  

Thank you
 
reelcranky


Joined: 03/06/2002
Posts: 2252
 posted 09/24/2013 11:16 PM  

crabcake wrote:

During the first 3 or 4 days of the season, pick a boat that fishes the bay on the top of the flood. The action on shorts is amazing and some nice keepers mix in. The Island Princess, Jib VI, and Captree Pride are all great 1/2 day choices. In the early season, you want to avoid the last 4 hours of the ebb so there's no need for a full day if you want strictly tog.

As the season progresses into late October through the closure, the Captree Princess may be your best bet. Captain Rob runs full day trips and the best bite is usually from mid-November up until the season closure.



upupupup


"Live by the tide, plan by the current, and follow the fish!"
 
largemouthbass2

Joined: 09/26/2013
Posts: 16
 posted 09/27/2013 11:37 PM  

A reputable boat is the Island Princess, as well as my favorite, the Laura Lee. However, I do not really suggest going on a party boat to go blackfishing I am sure you have heard that when it comes to black fish, anchoring is key, and a few feet can make the difference between catching and not catching. Think about how long those boats are, 75 feet and up. If you do go on, I recommend you go where the transducer for the boat's fishing fish finder is located. You want to fish as closely as possible to it, because the captain is positions the boat based on that. Find out where it is. It may be at stern or bow.
Tight lines
 
CaptPaul
Noreast.com Club Member


Moderator
Fisheries Management
Partyboat Fishing

Joined: 09/09/2002
Posts: 6044
 posted 09/28/2013 03:01 AM  

Any captain that positions the boat on a drop by seeing the profile on the scope needs to get a job.
 
notch3o2


Joined: 11/01/2009
Posts: 35
Location: South Shore LI
 posted 10/02/2013 02:20 AM  

Opening day only a few days away and no boats are promoting a blackfish trip either on the captured website or the boats individual sites as well. Any clue as to why or is it a given they will be targeting them opening day?
 
crabman1130


Joined: 03/25/2003
Posts: 39977
Location: Farmingdale
 posted 10/02/2013 08:47 AM  

I know the Island Princess will target them.


Hey, it can't be Christmas everyday!!!!
 
morning dew


Joined: 03/25/2002
Posts: 705
Location: Off the grid
 posted 10/02/2013 09:39 AM  

Probably not a lot of boats because with the new 16" size limit started in 2012 there are not a lot of keeprs are caught in the bay? If one does go on one of these trips what would be the short /keeper ratio? Is there a realitic chance of getting 2-4 keepers on a 1/2 day bay party boat trip. Never went beofore but sounds like they are action packed if you hit the right tide.......


I like Pearl in a can,and Jim Beam Black, and chewing tobacco from a mail pouch sack.
 
crabcake


Joined: 07/10/2003
Posts: 2848
 posted 10/02/2013 04:38 PM  

morning dew wrote:

Probably not a lot of boats because with the new 16" size limit started in 2012 there are not a lot of keeprs are caught in the bay? If one does go on one of these trips what would be the short /keeper ratio? Is there a realitic chance of getting 2-4 keepers on a 1/2 day bay party boat trip. Never went beofore but sounds like they are action packed if you hit the right tide.......


I'd say the short to keeper ratio is about 15:1. At 14" there were a lot more keepers.


Ling is King and Cusk are Deluxe!
 
yunvfrank

Joined: 08/20/2008
Posts: 11833
Location: Bayside
 posted 10/02/2013 04:49 PM  

notch3o2 wrote:

Opening day only a few days away and no boats are promoting a blackfish trip either on the captured website or the boats individual sites as well. Any clue as to why or is it a given they will be targeting them opening day?



On the western sound I know The Never Enuff is promoting black fishing upup
I'll be on it Sunday morning up


In Apple We Trust.
Instagram name: fishinguy81 look me up and follow.
Is there anything better then fishing? DOUBT IT!
 
crabman1130


Joined: 03/25/2003
Posts: 39977
Location: Farmingdale
 posted 10/02/2013 05:18 PM  

yunvfrank wrote:

notch3o2 wrote:

Opening day only a few days away and no boats are promoting a blackfish trip either on the captured website or the boats individual sites as well. Any clue as to why or is it a given they will be targeting them opening day?



On the western sound I know The Never Enuff is promoting black fishing upup
I'll be on it Sunday morning up


So what does that have to do with Captree blackfishing?..ConfusedConfusedConfused


Hey, it can't be Christmas everyday!!!!
 
yunvfrank

Joined: 08/20/2008
Posts: 11833
Location: Bayside
 posted 10/02/2013 05:47 PM  

crabman1130 wrote:

yunvfrank wrote:

notch3o2 wrote:

Opening day only a few days away and no boats are promoting a blackfish trip either on the captured website or the boats individual sites as well. Any clue as to why or is it a given they will be targeting them opening day?



On the western sound I know The Never Enuff is promoting black fishing upup
I'll be on it Sunday morning up


So what does that have to do with Captree blackfishing?..ConfusedConfusedConfused



I was just saying, if these boats arent announcing yet (which would be odd) other boats already starting announcing it. So it shouldn't be long before they do as well.
Does this satisfy your question? ShadesShades


In Apple We Trust.
Instagram name: fishinguy81 look me up and follow.
Is there anything better then fishing? DOUBT IT!
 
crabman1130


Joined: 03/25/2003
Posts: 39977
Location: Farmingdale
 posted 10/02/2013 06:44 PM  

No.


Hey, it can't be Christmas everyday!!!!
 
crabman1130


Joined: 03/25/2003
Posts: 39977
Location: Farmingdale
 posted 10/02/2013 07:01 PM  

notch3o2 wrote:

Opening day only a few days away and no boats are promoting a blackfish trip either on the captured website or the boats individual sites as well. Any clue as to why or is it a given they will be targeting them opening day?

The Island Princess will be bottom fishing. That means they will be on the tog until they are fished out, then try for scup.
Island Princess

The Laura Lee has combo trips posted. That means about the same as the IP.
Laura Lee

The JIB has blackfish listed.
JIB

The Captree Princess has porgy and seabass listed.
Captree Princess

The Gillen and the Capt Rod will be RSA fluke.


Hey, it can't be Christmas everyday!!!!
 
  Discussion Boards > Partyboat Fishing Page  1, 2  Next  
Jump to:  




2022 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.