Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

Freshwater Fishing Reports

Page  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

Discussion Boards > Freshwater Forum
blitzking

posted 02/27/2010 05:22 PM  

I was hoping to get this thread started because I have noticed that most freshwater reports on this website are almost non exsistent. I will be sure to post freshwater reports for this upcoming season and hope to read some others as well. Maybe this will work and be alot of funToungue.

CHEVY1

posted 02/27/2010 08:15 PM  

up

I drive a jeep, but CHEVY is in my blood. libba # 1742, Striped Bass Coop.
Take more garbage than you brought with you-every time!

Azaiter

posted 02/28/2010 01:06 AM  

blitzking wrote:

I was hoping to get this thread started because I have noticed that most freshwater reports on this website are almost non exsistent. I will be sure to post freshwater reports for this upcoming season and hope to read some others as well. Maybe this will work and be alot of funToungue.

When the season started I'll post here...good job...Fredd

I love God I love my family I love Fishing I love my country…Love it's everything that make me happy,thanks God for love'<ALSO I'M FAIR WEATHER FISHERMAN>and proud of it.

FishFish27

posted 02/28/2010 07:37 PM  

feb 28th report

im sitting patiently with an ice cold beer watching my thermometer very closely.
thats about it.
its been a really discouraging, morale crushing winter. we really need some action.

fishhead1985

posted 02/28/2010 09:47 PM  

My reports

I write ice fishing reports for Connecticut; just got a huge bass on a panfish rod today.

blitzking

posted 03/01/2010 02:57 PM  

Heres a combined last saturday/ this sunday report to get things started:

Last Saturday headed out east for some pickeral action. had plenty of small pickeral on weightless grubs wherever the ice was thawed long the shorelines. Fish seemed to be stacked up on whatever vegetation was still present. All fish seemed less than <14 inches.
This Sunday fished over at blydeburg with various soft plastics for laregmouths. Tried nightcrawlers in my usual yellow perch haunts for some fat perches with no luck. O well hopefully spring comes early this year!Shades

BlkSkimmer

posted 03/02/2010 07:51 AM  

Hey Whats Up
Ill be happy to post here, spring is almost here, looking forward to it.

longcast

posted 03/02/2010 09:43 AM  

I will post here when I start my freshwater trips. It cannot happen soon enough!

Beachglass

posted 03/02/2010 12:36 PM  

WELL DONE!

I'm on for this! It seems like a homerun to me! up
Rube

I survived Roe v. Wade

tomjg

posted 03/02/2010 01:10 PM  

I'll definitely post more this year. I do a lot of summer freshwater fishing up

legasea

posted 03/02/2010 01:56 PM  

I will post in this thread more often

I post in the blog / report section of my own website regularly, but will also try to copy some here. I post less these days due to the aggravation you get, sometimes it just isn't worth it.

The winter trout season has been very good since December. Only one sea-run this year (SO FAR) but this is the month for them to start moving more. Watch for that 40+ degree weather to get the trout more active. Last weekend was slow thanks to the cold front we had and the crazy tides. The week before I had a good trip. I cut and paste this from my blog.
<SNIP>
Managed a few browns today under a bridge on worms this morning. No bites at other parts of the river that I tried. Fish were scattered due to the sun so I poked around until I could find a steady pick. Just as I was ready to call it a day I got a nice hit that turned into a 13" brown. A few minutes later a hit and a miss, then another trout but even bigger. I dropped another fish and a few more taps before called it. Nice day to be off enjoying Presidents Day.. God Bless America
<SNIP>

Fish below was from two weeks ago.

See you out there....it should start getting good over the next few weeks and stocking is right around the corner.

longcast

posted 03/04/2010 07:40 PM  

Ken,

Thank you for posting the trout reports and your article was fantastic. I used to love fishing the local waters for trout during the winter months but my family and job responsibilities keep me busy during this time of year. Most of my freshwater fishing is now done from late April through November. It cannot come soon enough.

Kevin

IRONFISH3

posted 03/06/2010 07:17 PM  

Hit a local small pond this afternoon. Started out with spinning tackle and caught a decent pickerel on a #2 gold vibrax minnow spin. Swicthed to the flyrod and got 2 more on a black crystal bugger/ clouser type fly that I tie. Also dropped a real nice one. All in all a great afternoon. Bright sunshine , had a beautiful red tailed hawk perched in a tree above me for a while ( magnificent bird ) and a few fish. Felt good . Ralph

blitzking

posted 03/06/2010 08:02 PM  

Nice report there Ken loved your article on tidal trout fishing, cool picture as well. Thanks IronFish, I have been cathing many small pikeral as well arent they such a fun fish to fight?

Ok 3/06 report:

Fished today in the beautiful sunny weather reaching 52 degrees. Weather was great, fishing wasnt so great. Fished a small bass pond I often fish out East for nothing. Threw senkos, grubs, lizards, and variuous hard platics for nothing. Didnt bother with the hard platics or spinnerbaits today. Man fishing shiners had no luck as well. Took a ride to catch a few pickeral at another pond. nothing too large, but neverless still fun. O well if these high temps stay consistant maybe the bass action will pick up as well by next weekend.Shades

Beachglass

posted 03/07/2010 09:17 PM  

Sunday, 3/7/10

I was returning from Nassau County and a family get-together, and so hit Bubbles Falls at sunset.
Absolute wrong tide, seemed to be about dead-flat low, but it was pretty there and I didn't mind an hour's worth of casting spinners, a micro swim shad and a jointed Rebel, all for no luck.
I did have the place to myself however, and that alone was worth the price of admission!

John

I survived Roe v. Wade

Discussion Boards > Freshwater Forum Page  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81  Next  
Jump to:  

2020 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.