Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

Question regarding transportation from Manhattan

Discussion Boards > General Fishing Forum
KingfishMike

posted 11/30/2013 11:45 PM  

I just moved up here and was wondering if anyone has any experience traveling from Manhattan (I'm on the lower east side) to Sheepshead Bay. I am carless, so I am looking for the most efficient way to get to Sheepshead Bay and back through public transportation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

twinscrew

posted 11/30/2013 11:51 PM  

MTA Trip Planner

Margrock

posted 12/01/2013 08:10 AM  

You'll most likely be taking the N or the R train first, if you get the N, take that Brooklyn bound to the very last stop which is Coney Island/Stillwell Ave station, change there for the Q train, get in the very LAST car on the Q train, go 4 stops to the Sheepshead Bay station, get off and go down those stairs right there, that's the Voorhies Avenue exit, when you get out onto the sidewalk (you're on Voorhies), go left, walk straight to Ocean Avenue (2 long blocks), when you get to Ocean Avenue, go right, and walk straight along Ocean Ave to the water and you're there, the boats will be down to your left.

If you get the R train first, take that Brooklyn bound to DeKalb ave, change at DeKalb station for a Coney Island bound B or Q train,,get in the very FIRST car of the B or Q, take that to the Sheepshead Bay station, get off, go down the stairs right there and follow the same walking instructions as above.

Good Luck! up

johnnyfish53

posted 12/01/2013 09:52 AM  

get the Q train on 14 street and union square to sheepshead bay

I rather be fishing

emuehlbauer

posted 12/01/2013 11:22 AM  

When I lived in Brooklyn I used to take the D train...but there have been so many changes in its route since those days I can't recommend it. Maybe the current Brooklyn people will know better.

ReelTime

posted 12/02/2013 06:34 PM  

What Margie Said - -> Q Train to Sheepshead Bay

mta.info and look for the subway map also.

vsk

BennyV

posted 12/02/2013 07:55 PM  

If anyone knows its marge

AKA the CiTy IsLaNd KiD

Margrock

posted 12/02/2013 09:15 PM  

The choo choo is my friend. upToungue. I've owned 4 cars, I got tired of driving around the block eight thousand xs looking for a spot to park in, paying ridiculous insurance amounts, fixing the thing every time it broke down, alternate side of the street parking, , ad nauseum, I haven't had a car now in 7 years and its fine by me, except when I have to make a 7 a.m. boat in Port Jefferson to go fishing, but that's where my good pal Crabby Joe comes in handy, he picks me up with his car in Hicksville and I chew his ear off talking all the way to PJ. Toungue

Discussion Boards > General Fishing Forum  
Jump to:  

2019 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.