Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

The reg's need to change (IMO) ....

Page  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Discussion Boards > Surf Fishing Forum
ms8ds

posted 10/18/2013 05:01 PM  

Came across this the other day ....

- THIS MORNING'S TRIP HAD A WHOPPING 70 KEEPER STRIPED BASS RANGING UP TO 34 LBS.

- THIS AFTERNOON'S TRIP SAW 54 KEEPERS RANGING FROM 15 TO 39 LBS.

I get that they are within their current legal limits but if the bass stocks are in trouble what about the harm they are doing to the future, including their own .... ?

Shouldn't the reg's be (1) person = (1) fish ....

“For fishermen, the only virtues are patience, tolerance and humility.”

Enterprise1

posted 10/18/2013 05:12 PM  

Striped Bass Stocks

The Regs need to be changed - ABSOLUTELY -
I watch the party boats work over the bass like crazy. They Jig, they clam belly, and drift live ells. Making matters worse, they run 3 and sometimes 4 trips a day. Something needs to be done and soon, or we will go back to the days where you couldn't catch a bass to save your life. Easy solution, one fish a person for everyone..

MakoMike
Noreast.com Club Member

Noreast Writer

posted 10/18/2013 05:13 PM  

Here we go AGAIN

====MakoMike=====

Click here for The Makomania Sportfishing website

Makomania out

BennyBass

posted 10/18/2013 06:07 PM  

MakoMike wrote:

Here we go AGAIN

Not sure what the above cation means but Keeping hush about travesties such as these will
NOT help the fishery or lack of. This is the 1 and only reason why you wouldn't catch me dead on a party boat !!. For doing so only makes you part of the problem.

Catch and release can be contagious if Lead by example !!Smile Anyways carry on down

LIBBA 1347

This post edited by BennyBass 08:02 PM 10/18/2013

Habanero

posted 10/18/2013 06:44 PM  

BennyBass wrote:

MakoMike wrote:

Here we go AGAIN

Not sure what the above cation means but Keeping hush about travesties such as these will
NOT help the fishery or lack of This is the 1 and only reason why you wouldn't catch me dead on a party boat !!. For doing so only makes you part of the problem.

Catch and release can be contagious if Lead by example !!Smile Anyways carry on down

So you have over 2k posts here since 2006 and you don't know what Mako Mike means by his caption? Really?

Got heat?

BennyBass

posted 10/18/2013 08:10 PM  

Habanero wrote:

BennyBass wrote:

MakoMike wrote:

Here we go AGAIN

NOT help the fishery or lack of This is the 1 and only reason why you wouldn't catch me dead on a party boat !!. For doing so only makes you part of the problem.

So you have over 2k posts here since 2006 and you don't know what Mako Mike means by his caption? Really?

Haha really?. Ive been here longer than you've been out of diapers i'm sure. For what ever reason you find it purposeful to point out how many posts i have is important ?.
I USED to be very involved on this site and STILL have many friends who i hang with that know the reason why i don't participate as much as i used to . I don't need to explain myself to you or anybody else. I surely don't need your approval young Chilly Pepper.
Anyway move along now and let us big boys talk about out our Depleting Fishery Smile

LIBBA 1347

kevolennon

posted 10/18/2013 08:24 PM  

ms8ds wrote:

Came across this the other day ....

- THIS MORNING'S TRIP HAD A WHOPPING 70 KEEPER STRIPED BASS RANGING UP TO 34 LBS.

- THIS AFTERNOON'S TRIP SAW 54 KEEPERS RANGING FROM 15 TO 39 LBS.

I get that they are within their current legal limits but if the bass stocks are in trouble what about the harm they are doing to the future, including their own .... ?

Shouldn't the reg's be (1) person = (1) fish ....

In fishing, ur bound to have good and bad trips. Why not make the most out of a good trip while doing it legally. They dont slaughter the bass everyday.

No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man

yunvfrank

posted 10/18/2013 08:39 PM  

In Apple We Trust.
Instagram name: fishinguy81 look me up and follow.
Is there anything better then fishing? DOUBT IT!

yunvfrank

posted 10/18/2013 08:44 PM  

BennyBass wrote:

MakoMike wrote:

Here we go AGAIN

NOT help the fishery or lack of. This is the 1 and only reason why you wouldn't catch me dead on a party boat !!. For doing so only makes you part of the problem.

If you're unaware of the caption. Take a gander at a few other threads. Better yet save some time a search striped bass and you'll see why.
If you think for a second that fish is like that all the time of party boats. Than you don't know anything.

In Apple We Trust.
Instagram name: fishinguy81 look me up and follow.
Is there anything better then fishing? DOUBT IT!

BIRD2778

posted 10/18/2013 08:48 PM  

www.spotburncharters.com

"Giving away LI Sound fishing locations since 2009".

JAYBASS

posted 10/18/2013 09:01 PM  

Hi Martin.Wink

Keep fighting the good fight.up

2009-13 DEADSTICK CHAMP, A-Team Hostage Crisis Unit, Lead Negotiator, LEAD INVESTIGATOR, INVESTIGATIVE DIVISION OF RAIBS

FIX NOREAST, GET RID OF THE POLITICAL THREAD...

BennyBass

posted 10/18/2013 11:49 PM  

JAYBASS wrote:

Hi Martin.Wink

Keep fighting the good fight.up

Whats up Jay, no fighting pal that wouldn't be fair lol. Just expressing my feelings. You know as much as i do the fishery sucks !!. I guess maybe i'll get a boat and do my part in help it get worseRoll

LIBBA 1347

Discussion Boards > Surf Fishing Forum Page  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next  
Jump to:  

2020 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.