Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

Weather Discussions and Analysis thread...Brutal cold on the way and then following a major Coastal storm for T-Day Eve...

Page  1, 2, 3 ... 396, 397, 398  Next

Discussion Boards > The Angler's Lounge
ag3
Noreast.com Club Member

Posted Reports
LI Sound Fishing

posted 03/09/2007 01:13 PM  

slightly over the average of 47 on some days...

DONT GET USED TO IT...

2 major OPEARATIONAL weather models are both hinting at VERY cold, WAY under average weather starting in about 8-10 days...

Also during this period, the long range models are hinting at a series of clippers and powerful storms that would ride up the east coast...and give NY, I95 corridor some snow...

1 of the more accurate computers, the ECMWF, is hinting at a weather phenomena called -NAO...When -NAO occurs it signals PERFECT conditions for a major Noreaster for the east coast..

A -NAO has NEVER occured this year...and not really last year either...

Anyway, I EXPECT at least 1 MAJOR snowstorm for NYC area towards the last week of March...And a series of clipper systems that will also deliver a couple of inches here and there...

As you can tell, I am a weather freak, Not just a fishing freak.

This post edited by algreek3 09:46 AM 01/06/2011

Learning2Tog

posted 03/09/2007 01:14 PM  

Bring on the cold!
Hope we get hit with a 3 footer.up

new hampshire

posted 03/09/2007 01:18 PM  

Your just a downer Al.

Looks like she got beat with an uglystick(((SHAKESPEARE)))
That is.

ag3
Noreast.com Club Member

Posted Reports
LI Sound Fishing

posted 03/09/2007 01:22 PM  

For me its not a DOWNER..

I LOVEEEE snow and PRAY for a big storm...

This year has SUCKED for 95% of the east coast and we are all WAAAYYY under the average snow fall...

There is a weather board BIGGER then Noreast and the people on thier are suicidal with the lack of snow...

NYC averages about 26" of snow per year and so far we are @ 9" and 3 of those were fake sleet....

Boston averages over 35" of snow and they are around 10" only..

And it has nothing to do with cold...

Late January-now have been one of the COLDEST periods in the HISTORY of weather in NYC area...

Even with the mild December ad January, this winter ranks as the 45th warmest winters...So its a pretty average winter...

Its just that eveything that can go wrong with storms, have gone wrong...And I mean everything..

There have been at least 11 potential snow storms this year for NYC and EVERY single one went wrong...Bad luck

seygrunt

posted 03/09/2007 01:44 PM  

Weather...

Well lets just hope that everything keeps going wrong.....

She's gutsy. Gracefull. A salty skiff a seaman can entrust with his life.

likeitreallyis

posted 03/09/2007 01:47 PM  

The "weathermen" couldn't even predict THIS week correctly.. we were SUPPOSE to be in the 50's by yesterday according to last sundays forecast.. Toungue

If you're a fisherman, you're into the weather... what's funny is HOW MANY OF YOU? Watch a bad forecast over and over hoping it will change but they don't update until 4-6 HOURS later anyway..Toungue

NOAA weather radio right on your computer

Green Grass and High Tides forever,,,

Makoman16

posted 03/09/2007 02:31 PM  

Say it ain't so? I love the snow just as much as the next guy, but now that I have to stand outside to coach lacrosse everyday at 3pm, my love for snow takes a backseat to my insatiable quest to see moderately warm temps.

You can't just beat a team, you have to leave a lasting impression in their minds so they never want to see you again. Mia Hamm

gverb1219

posted 03/09/2007 02:39 PM  

Geeeeesh........I could have used the snow stroms a while back, but it's too close to the season for them now.FingerReally

Don't Think SnowFingerFingerFingerFingerFingerFingerFingerFinger

.......R.I.P. I miss U Bro

ag3
Noreast.com Club Member

Posted Reports
LI Sound Fishing

posted 03/09/2007 03:02 PM  

likeitreallyis wrote:

The "weathermen" couldn't even predict THIS week correctly.. we were SUPPOSE to be in the 50's by yesterday according to last sundays forecast.. Toungue

If you're a fisherman, you're into the weather... what's funny is HOW MANY OF YOU? Watch a bad forecast over and over hoping it will change but they don't update until 4-6 HOURS later anyway..Toungue

NOAA weather radio right on your computer

Weathermen dont predict weather as much as you think...The operational computer models do...

It was supposed to get warmer by yeasterday BUT the clipper came as a surprise and bought the cold air in from Canada...Its was almost impossible to predict.

CoreyD
Noreast.com Club Member

posted 03/09/2007 03:21 PM  

This pisses me off. I want to fish now. The way I see it winter had its chance and now that chance is gone. I wanna go outside and play hockey, fish etc. Not lose the feeling to my hands in 3 seconds. It was supposed to snow in winter. Now its time to warm up and for water to thaw so I can fish it. This sucks. Its gonna go back and forth like this for how long? For every one week of nice average weather we have, the next 2 are 10 degrees with 3 inches of snow. I don't want snow anymore. I wanted snow when it was gonna be 3 degrees no matter what because it was winter. Now its spring time...fishing time. Every week that goes by with this garbage is 1 less week to fish. I HATE MARCH SNOW!downdowndownReallyReallyReally

Mad Mahi

posted 03/09/2007 03:33 PM  

Sorry Al, but I got to disappoint you. You see, in the past I never got the snow thrower ready until the first storm it was needed. This year I got it all tuned, primed and ready before the last acorns fell! That's why we had a mild winter and relatively no snow.

This year I will be getting the snow thrower ready on the 4th of July! Toungue

I believe in Schneider's Law...it's simpler than Murphy's Law. Schneider thought that Murphy was an OPTIMIST!

ag3
Noreast.com Club Member

Posted Reports
LI Sound Fishing

posted 03/09/2007 03:37 PM  

Mad Mahi wrote:

Sorry Al, but I got to disappoint you. You see, in the past I never got the snow thrower ready until the first storm it was needed. This year I got it all tuned, primed and ready before the last acorns fell! That's why we had a mild winter and relatively no snow.

This year I will be getting the snow thrower ready on the 4th of July! Toungue

Your not dissapointing me...HOWEVER we did not have a MILD winter...This ranks as the 45th warmest winter since 1899....So we are just about average for the winter, except with the snow amounts..

Temps were 7 degrees above normal for December until January 19...

And 6 degrees BELOW normal from January 20th until March 1st..

March 1st-March 9th is 10+ degrees BELOW normal...

AllyKat

posted 03/09/2007 04:11 PM  

Hey Mr G reek

How about next weekend, the 16-18th in Virginia Beach...the togs, C-bass and Stripers..not to mention me would like to know???

Vosky Precision Machining ISO9001/AS9100 Certified
Voskyprecision.com

ag3
Noreast.com Club Member

Posted Reports
LI Sound Fishing

posted 03/09/2007 04:25 PM  

Next weekend is the start of the cold pattern and storminess...Too early to tell when and if the storms will hit...

But right now, It looks to be around that time frame...

AllyKat

posted 03/09/2007 05:08 PM  

Thanks...hmm...low pressure right around our fishing trip??? I'll let you know about that high to low pressure and fish biting theory. I'll take lousy weather as long as the fish are biting.

Vosky Precision Machining ISO9001/AS9100 Certified
Voskyprecision.com

Discussion Boards > The Angler's Lounge Page  1, 2, 3 ... 396, 397, 398  Next  
Jump to:  

2020 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.