Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

MISS BERYL CHARTERS........Running Report

Page  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Discussion Boards > Party Boat and Charter Boat Running Reports
Miss Beryl Charters

posted 06/25/2012 04:35 PM  

First report......Saturday June 23rd - Had boat regulars Tony A, Bobby Blitz with Jim from Astoria joining the fray today. The CBass fishing is just plain excellent right now. We limited out by 10 am on the CBass with by catch of triggers, porgies and ling. It seemed like the Cbass were suicidal today with jolting hits and double headers the norm. After we had the limit of CBass we went fluking for the remainder of the trip. After a couple of spots we found the fluke and had good action with many nice but just short fish, managing to box 3 keeper fluke on top of the CBass catch. Smiles all around and plenty of meat to take home for the guys. If you would like to get in on this solid fishing, give me a call to reserve your spot.

www.missberyl.com

IN SEARCH OF BIG FREDDIE
Capt. Rick 516 359 6462
Sailing from Oceanside/Long Beach NY

This post edited by Miss Beryl Charters 08:58 AM 10/07/2012

Miss Beryl Charters

posted 06/30/2012 06:21 PM  

MISS BERYL CHARTERS - CBassing June 30, 2012

We had Lee from Westchester and Rahsan from Brooklyn along with boat regulars Bobby Blitz and Tony today. We fished a bit deeper than we have been lately today. We bounced around and hit a number of wrecks, some produced well and some were picked clean. By 1pm we had our 75 fish boat limit of CBass along with a mix of ling. The best drop we saved for last with a blast of nice double headers for everyone. Steamed back toward the inlet and gave the guys an hour of fluking and we had a number of shorts with Bobby nailing a nice keeper at the whistle. Thanks guys for fishing hard today, my pleasure to have you out.

www.missberyl.com

IN SEARCH OF BIG FREDDIE
Capt. Rick 516 359 6462

Miss Beryl Charters

posted 07/03/2012 08:12 PM  

MISS BERYL CHARTERS - Fluking July 3, 2012

Took a break from the wreck fishing today and hit the fluke grounds with Bobby Blitz and Trophy Tony aboard. We tried some deep water spots, but the full moon current made for less than ideal drifting conditions. However Tony did manage to take an 8.2 lb. Flat on a whole squid and Bobby managed a 5.2 for himself with some other decent fish in the mix in that area. After lunch we switched gears and made a move and completed our limit. The Capt. even landed a 6.4lb. Natural bait and Gulp 6" white swimming mullet was our bait of choice today. Guys if you would like to cash in on the good fishing in our area, please give us a call to make a reservation.

www.missberyl.com

IN SEARCH OF BIG FREDDIE
Capt. Rick 516 359 6462

Miss Beryl Charters

posted 07/05/2012 07:04 PM  

MISS BERYL CHARTERS - Fluking July 5, 2012

Had Mike from Freeport and his 2 friends out today. We went hunting for big ocean fluke. While we didnt get the doulble digit we wanted, we did manage to get 6.2lb and the average size keepers where we are fishing is good. We managed a dozen nice fish with some CBass and Triggerfish. Plently of fillet all around and the ocean was the place to be with the heat wave we are having. Once the full moon currents calm down a bit, we expect to see some big fluke hit the deck. If you would like to target some bragging size fluke, give us a call.

www.missberyl.com

IN SEARCH OF BIG FREDDIE
Capt. Rick 516 359 6462

Miss Beryl Charters

posted 07/07/2012 06:38 PM  

Very Fine CBassing Today - July 7, 2012

Had Mike aka "brooklyn keeper" join us today and
our regular guys Bobby and Tony for a CBass fiesta. We bounced around and caught some on every drop and by 1pm the boys managed to
catch a 60 keeper boat limit. The last drop was plain excellent with double headers keepers the norm! When we finished up with the CBass we fluked for 2 more hours and added more meat to the catch. Great job today guys, total pleasure.

www.missberyl.com

IN SEARCH OF BIG FREDDIE
Capt. Rick 516 359 6462

CAPT RICHI

posted 07/07/2012 06:48 PM  

Very impressive catch Capt. Rick...

See you out thereShades

togilator

posted 07/08/2012 04:00 PM  

Nice Job Capt.Rick Great to see you filling coolers with some quality specimans for the clients.I gotta get some time off and come see ya!Shades

Miss Beryl Charters

posted 07/15/2012 06:32 AM  

Saturday 7-14-12 Fluking

Had Pete and Rob from the Atlantis Anglers along with Tony A out today looking to land some jumbo fluke. Well, the drifting conditions were poor with little or no wind or current made it tough, but the guys kept at the rail and managed to put 5 keepers on ice up to 5 lbs along with the usual mix of shorties.

www.missberyl.com

IN SEARCH OF BIG FREDDIE
Capt. Rick 516 359 6462

Miss Beryl Charters

posted 07/16/2012 09:49 AM  

Sunday 7-15-12 CBass/Fluke !!

Today was a special trip for me. Today was not about overflowing coolers or big fish so much but just to get out and have some fun. My daughter Sarah asked me to take her and her boyfriend Fran out fishing. Well, say no more. Made the plan for today and the weather cooperated. The kids came over at 8 with breakfast and coffee. The real Miss Beryl joined the party and off we steamed. Now my daughter Sarah when she was a kid was my fishing partner. I mean she came out with me on every trip and when we got back, paraded the fish up and down the docks and bragged about the catch to anyone who would listen . Every seagull was her friend and she made sure every single one was well fed with fish guts. Then she turned 12 or so and the girl friends, swimming team and all the other things that kids get into took over. This was the first trip with Dad in a very very long time. So needless to say I am stoked to have my girls out. So we started out with CBass and proceeded to wail away on them. Everyone is super excited with the non stop action. After we iced a couple dozen, Sarah suggest we go fluking !!! Hell Yea lets go!!. So off we steam to the fluke grounds. The action was non stop. It was amazing to see my now grown up daughter remember her skills.... She easily outfished everyone else, and was plain to see that she had the "feel" you cant learn, its just there. I thought we would be calling it an early day, but Sarah insisted on Staying out cause she just knew she was gonna get a big one!!! Well, we did manage a keeper or 2, but nothing "big" except for our smiles all the way home.

www.missberyl.com

IN SEARCH OF BIG FREDDIE
Capt. Rick 516 359 6462

Miss Beryl Charters

posted 07/29/2012 09:47 PM  

Sat & Sun 7-28, 7-29

Saturdays crew fluke trip turned out to be a total hack. Not predicted East wind at 15-20 with 3-4 tight swells put the lock jaw on the flatties except the ever hungry shorties. What a difference a day makes. Sundays trip for Pete from the Atlantis Anglers fishing club, Jim from Astoria along with Tony A. saw quite decent action. The ocean was beautiful, we started out targeting fluke. Bite started out great with some nice keepers all around. But the tide started to rip and would not relent. We opted to do some wrecking and at days end the guys managed to fill a bushel with CBass and Fluke. One of the wrecks we hit was quite lively and we caught most of the CBass there along with some real nice togs (returned) and also a couple of giant silver eels.

www.missberyl.com

IN SEARCH OF BIG FREDDIE
Capt. Rick 516 359 6462

Miss Beryl Charters

posted 08/13/2012 09:44 PM  

CBass/Fluke - Mon. Aug. 13th, 2012

Had the pleasure of hosting a trip for the Benckart family today - Dan Sr, and Dan Jr., Sarah, Andy and Matt. Alot windier than predicted, so we opted to start with CBass. The CBass were cooperative and everyone pulled some nice fish with doubles all around. Sarah was the hi-hook and took the guys to school! We steamed to a few more drops and continued to box some nice bass. Toward the end of the day, the wind eased up and we spent the last hour of the trip targeting fluke, and the guys topped off the CBass catch with 2 nice keepers with a bunch of others up to 19". Thank you guys for a great day, it was my pleasure, you guys really fished hard all day in the bouncy conditions.

www.missberyl.com

IN SEARCH OF BIG FREDDIE
Capt. Rick 516 359 6462

This post edited by Miss Beryl Charters 12:25 PM 08/14/2012

Miss Beryl Charters

posted 09/14/2012 08:07 PM  

CBass - Friday Sept. 13th

Bobby M took a solo trip aboard the Miss Beryl today looking to catch some CBass and he got his wish. The Ocean and conditions were absolutely perfect. - We kept our 30 fish and the overall quality we had size wise was the best weve seen this season so far. I expect the CBassing to keep improving as they will be putting the feed bag on as they begin to move off. Bobby pulled off a good one, three fish on 2 hooks. Two fish somehow managed to hook themselves on the top hookSmile Doubt we will see that again for awhile.

www.missberyl.com

IN SEARCH OF BIG FREDDIE
Capt. Rick 516 359 6462

This post edited by Miss Beryl Charters 08:13 PM 09/14/2012

Miss Beryl Charters

posted 09/16/2012 07:12 PM  

CBass - Sept. 16, 2012

Solid CBass continues - Had Bobby M and Tony A out today for CBass - Nice running ground swell didnt keep the Bass from biting. We took our boat limit and got back to the dock early. Now's the time to get out and load up on some quality CBass.

www.missberyl.com

IN SEARCH OF BIG FREDDIE
Capt. Rick 516 359 6462

Miss Beryl Charters

posted 09/22/2012 08:03 PM  

Very Good CBass Bite Today, Sat. Sept. 22

Had Eric the "G" Man out today along with Miss Beryl regulars Bobby Blitz and Trophy looking to bag up on some CBass. We steamed out to the first drop and the guys started hitting them hard. By mid morning the South wind started to puff hard making the conditions tough, but the guys kept at it and managed to put together their limit of CBass. There were some nice sized fish in the mix again today. Nice job today guys with the tough conditions.

www.missberyl.com

IN SEARCH OF BIG FREDDIE
Capt. Rick 516 359 6462

Miss Beryl Charters

posted 09/29/2012 08:13 PM  

Excellent Bluefishing & CBassing !!!!!

Had Miss Beryl regulars Trophy Tony and Bobby Blitz out today. We changed it up a bit and decided to spend some time targeting Gorilla Blues. We netted a small garbage can of full of peanuts in the morning and steamed off to the bluefish grounds. It wasnt long before we had the Choppers worked up into a feeding frenzy between the chum and chunks, left over fluke bait and kitchen sink. We had a blast battling the outsized choppers - it was all you wanted and more. By mid morning we took what we needed and decided to go bottom fishing. We steamed to the CBass grounds and spent the rest of the day CBassing. The CBass cooperated and we managed to fill a bushel with CBass. Guys were tired but happy at days end.

www.missberyl.com

IN SEARCH OF BIG FREDDIE
Capt. Rick 516 359 6462

Discussion Boards > Party Boat and Charter Boat Running Reports Page  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
Jump to:  

Contact Us
Boat for Sale
Get Help Using the Site

� 2019 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.