Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Blogs  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

Moriches Inlet Gastapo !

Page  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Discussion Boards > Boating Angler
MIKE TUNA

posted 06/22/2013 04:09 PM  

Great day fishing in Ocean coming back breaking the Inlet to see what disgusted me and should alert everyone about our Governor. Remember our great Governor Cuomo who said some things in life should be free.. this is an example of Government providing a service for free. When he said no charge for license your right to fish and enjoy the water. Many here said OH that's Nice.
Guess its not so free anymore as there were three police boats patrolling around Moriches Inlet ready to pull anyone over for anything. Also Working there new speed trap no wake zone right at the back of the Inlet. I never thought I would see this day and been on the water my whole life. Wow anyone see this crap or is this now excepted. We are all being monitored very closely so they can make a buck and people can't be trusted anymore. Wake up people this guy needs to go!

MIKE TUNA

Fishbust

posted 06/22/2013 06:53 PM  

Well you can thank all the BWI's that have been killng people for the need for police interference on the water.

I was boarded 2 years ago on the way in from offshore. They went through my boat, looked at my fish, checked out my paperwork, it was not a big deal and they were polite. Set me back 15 minutes. No complaints here.

Local Motion

MIKE TUNA

posted 06/23/2013 01:40 PM  

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have. Thomas Jefferson

MIKE TUNA

pequa1

posted 06/23/2013 02:09 PM  

we remain our own worst enemy. whether the regs and limits are fair or not, and whether anyone should have even more than a single beer, our society has become "me first" and/or the "rules don't apply to me." I agree with Fishbust- can not arrest enough drunks insofar as I am concerned. and my cell's speed dial directory still includes 1-800 DEC-TIPPS.

bringing home venison is now as easy as a bay-caught keeper fluke !

betwixt FI and JI

MIKE TUNA

posted 06/23/2013 02:23 PM  

pequa1 wrote:

we remain our own worst enemy. whether the regs and limits are fair or not, and whether anyone should have even more than a single beer, our society has become "me first" and/or the "rules don't apply to me." I agree with Fishbust- can not arrest enough drunks insofar as I am concerned. and my cell's speed dial directory still includes 1-800 DEC-TIPPS.

You have been brain washed!!Finger You want more Government regulations and Police watching yousurprise. This is what makes you feel safe?
Your cell's speed dial directory still includes 1-800 DEC-TIPPS
Great think they care do you?? Then explain why an RSA when you pay you can catch fish out of season. Its all about the money...

MIKE TUNA

JesusBird

posted 06/23/2013 02:26 PM  

Fishbust wrote:

Well you can thank all the BWI's that have been killng people for the need for police interference on the water.

I was boarded 2 years ago on the way in from offshore. They went through my boat, looked at my fish, checked out my paperwork, it was not a big deal and they were polite. Set me back 15 minutes. No complaints here.

Exactly!

JesusBird

posted 06/23/2013 02:27 PM  

pequa1 wrote:

Exactly, #2

JesusBird

posted 06/23/2013 02:34 PM  

Most people that complain about excessive enforcement or to many regs, are the same ones that cry "where are the authorities and how come no one is checking the other guy", but when it happens to them they cry. Enjoy folks the Dumbing down of society has lead to this. When something bad happens and society calls on the government for help we loose more rights.

jdc946

posted 06/23/2013 04:31 PM  

oh pleeease!people want the right to drink, they have it they just can't do it while operating a moving vehicle. What you call the Dumbing down of society, i call it the waking up of society against abuse of our freedoms by those that feel they are entitled to do so. The law is what makes the Unites States free. We may not be perfect, but we are a hell alot better than the second best.

In life, there are no reruns

This post edited by jdc946 04:36 PM 06/23/2013

JesusBird

posted 06/23/2013 04:39 PM  

jdc946 wrote:

oh pleeease! you want the right to drink, you have it you just can't do it while operating a moving vehicle. What you call the Dumbing down of society, i call it the waking up of society against abuse of our freedoms by those that feel they are entitled to do so. The law is what makes the Unites States free. We may not be perfect, but we are a hell alot better than the second best.

I agree! maybe I just did not get it across the right way. We have idiots amongst that do everything to the extremes. Which result in public out cry when it goes wrong, which then results in new rules and laws and ballbusting.

MIKE TUNA

posted 06/23/2013 08:11 PM  

Wow did this go SOUTH... Where did a "NO WAKE ZONE" get setup so that the town of Brookhaven can make money get to a topic on drinking alcohol on the water. So this was setup to catch people drinking????LOL
So police check points on the water check points all across the Island on land checking drivers. A police state is what will make you feel good.. While there checking maybe find other things to ticket you for..Sure that's what America's all about. Whip your butt with the Constitution because so politician tells you he's looking out for you.
If this where such a problem maybe they could make you all feel better and force manufacturer's to set up every boat, car, motor cycles , helicopters and airplane's not be able to start unless you blow first and pass an alcohol test. There's another Regulation you may enjoy. It can even print out a violation for you to appear in court via Satellite if you fail.
Do you guys also feel Big Gulps is a major Problem?
With 45 years on the water operating boats I've yet to see a major drinking problem. Yes there have been a few incidents like many other things in life that don't need to cost you your freedom or new regulation. Sshitt happens.
If they where so concerned about boaters safety why not do the construction work to Moriches Inlet to make it safe. No that cost money so blame it on the people.

MIKE TUNA

DarthBaiter

posted 06/23/2013 08:41 PM  

You know, I said the same thing when they posted the first speed limit on highways. What a lousy day that was. Roll

Support your local Mom n Pop stores.

JesusBird

posted 06/23/2013 08:47 PM  

I would show them and never ever again use my boat! That will teach them....

MIKE TUNA

posted 06/23/2013 09:13 PM  

DarthBaiter wrote:

You know, I said the same thing when they posted the first speed limit on highways. What a lousy day that was. Roll

Maybe one day we would have Drones patrolling the water ways. Think of the income that could bring in. Snaps a picture of you peeing overboard and sends you a ticket in the mail.

MIKE TUNA

DarthBaiter

posted 06/23/2013 09:35 PM  

MIKE TUNA wrote:

DarthBaiter wrote:

Maybe one day we would have Drones patrolling the water ways. Think of the income that could bring in. Snaps a picture of you peeing overboard and sends you a ticket in the mail.

Dang, I hate getting fines in the mail. God damn you Cuomo and Obama... Damn you to hell...SmileToungue

But wait...the last fine I got thru the mail was in NJ. Damn you too, Christie...damn you to hell. And the one before that was from Bloomberg...damn him to hell
Toungue

Just don't blame Bush. Lol

Support your local Mom n Pop stores.

Discussion Boards > Boating Angler Page  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next  
Jump to:  

2019 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.