Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

Penn Torque Surf Rods

Discussion Boards > Surf Fishing Forum
Nalin316

posted 07/02/2012 10:29 PM  

Any reviews? The price fits the budget real nice. Any suggestions in the $100-150$ category?

All about the bite and fight!

MLaw172032

posted 07/03/2012 09:12 AM  

I just got a new set up 2 months ago. I looked at a lot, and your price range and mine are the same. I had narrowed it down to the Penn Torque and the Lamiglass Surf King. I was leaning toward the Penn as I was going to pair it up with a Penn Battle 7000.

The guys at the shop stongly suggested I go with the Tsumai Air Wave. It was actually a little cheaper, $119 I think for the 11ft. Dude, its the lightest rod I have ever used, feels like nothing in your hands, all of the weight is from that Penn 7000 reel, (which is where you want the weight, I have been told).

I think the Torque is a great rod, but check out the Air Wave.

"Little brown eel comes out of the cave... Swims into the hole... Comes out of the hole... Goes back into the cave again..."

Nalin316

posted 07/03/2012 04:05 PM  

Thank man. I use a Battle 5000 on my 9' and what an outstanding reel for the price. Used to use the Sargus but the Battle is far better. Will look into the airwave.

All about the bite and fight!

Discussion Boards > Surf Fishing Forum  
Jump to:  

2020 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.