Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

Thoughts on lowrance hds7 touch w/sidescan

Discussion Boards > Boating Angler
bottomfishing22

posted 12/03/2012 07:48 PM  

I have the hds5 gen 2 was thinking of just getting the lss2 sidescan add on but I figured to do some serious bottom fishing I would need two units so I was thinking of staying lowrance and spending the money for the hds7 touch with sidescan seems like a great product but want to know of anyone has it and how do you like it and I am open for recomindations... my boat is a 20 ft grady and I will target all species in season but my passion is wrecks, reefs, any struture that holds life.... thanks in advance for any help and info..

howell1641

posted 12/06/2012 11:12 AM  

Just did some research on these units last night. Not to sure if you can add the side scan to the hds5 units. looks to me the hds7 and up are the side scan units and you must install both transducers for the best side scan results with the lss2 mounted a little lower then the regular transducer. you tube it and watch some of the videos of the units it is pretty cool stuff. After trying to get on a piece Tuesday morning it took 3 tries i came home and looked at some new bottom machines. plus you will be able to find and mark your own little honey holes very easy. if you are to order one check out BOE Marine they have some really low prices.

Leprechaun
Noreast.com Club Member

Inshore Tackle and Techniques with Lep
Fishing Rods
Posted Reports

posted 12/06/2012 01:25 PM  

Not wild about touching a marine LCD screen with my cruddy hands, but in any case I second BOE Marine. Excellent prices and fast service. Good support too. . .

"Hi, my name is Pete and I have a fishing gear problem."

Fish220sr

posted 12/06/2012 01:29 PM  

Leprechaun wrote:

Not wild about touching a marine LCD screen with my cruddy hands, but in any case I second BOE Marine. Excellent prices and fast service. Good support too. . .

Agree on both accounts.up

bottomfishing22

posted 12/08/2012 07:05 PM  

Thanks for the input guys I def think I am gonna get the hds7 w/ lss2 just a toss up between the touch screen and the regular...

Leprechaun
Noreast.com Club Member

Inshore Tackle and Techniques with Lep
Fishing Rods
Posted Reports

posted 12/08/2012 07:19 PM  

I've used the HDS8 Gen-1 for two full seasons now and couldn't be happier or more impressed with its sounder capabilities. Never have I brought up the Chartplotter for even a peek, but then that's not what I bought it for.

If you have the coin, look into a transducer upgrade, preferably from Airmar. I run the B164 with my HDS and am very pleased with that 'ducer's ability to give a nice clear image at speed. Very high resolution at fish-searching speeds as well.

A terrific smaller boat setup!

Lep

"Hi, my name is Pete and I have a fishing gear problem."

Discussion Boards > Boating Angler  
Jump to:  

2020 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.