Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

Laura Lee cod fishing Sat 3/21

Page  1, 2  Next

Discussion Boards > Partyboat Fishing
darkstrike

posted 03/21/2008 06:00 PM  

Looks like the cod trip aboard the Laura Lee out of Captree is on for tomorrow. Anybody thinkin about goin? I got 4 guys goin with me tomorrow. should be a good trip!

rastamon

WHERE"S JAT !!! We have codfish boats a-bunchus from Captree ......and I don't hear himmmmm !!!!!!

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

JC30967

posted 03/22/2008 08:58 PM  

Laura Lee cod

Did you guys get out? How'd you do, if you did go?

Rastamon-

Mind me asking, who's JAT? Not trying to be nosy, just curiosity.

Somewhere in Chicago,a community is missing its organizer

jat56

posted 03/22/2008 09:23 PM  

cod trip

rasta if I was available i would head to a different port, because if you remember last year when I said there was cod out there I was told by "experts" that they did not exist in the fire island area. I was told it was impossible to catch cod from this port by the very boats that are sailing for them now. Damn I'm tired of being right.

darkstrike

posted 03/22/2008 09:23 PM  

We went, there were 32 total cod for the day with a 16 pounder taking the pool. 1 monster blackfish with assorted smaller blackfish, bout a dozen small ling, a couple of conger eels and bout 6 dogs. all said not a bad trip at all.

quiknet

posted 03/22/2008 09:25 PM  

JC30967 wrote:

Jay, don't ask, you'll just get aggravated when you find outRoll

Radar, sonar, electric toothbrushes...

JC30967

posted 03/22/2008 09:28 PM  

quiknet wrote:

JC30967 wrote:

Jay, don't ask, you'll just get aggravated when you find outRoll

Russ, I think I just saw. Ah, nevermind, probably before I came to this site.

Somewhere in Chicago,a community is missing its organizer

CaptPaul
Noreast.com Club Member

Fisheries Management
Partyboat Fishing

posted 03/22/2008 10:37 PM  

jat56 wrote:

rasta if I was available i would head to a different port, because if you remember last year when I said there was cod out there I was told by "experts" that they did not exist in the fire island area. I was told it was impossible to catch cod from this port by the very boats that are sailing for them now. Damn I'm tired of being right.
Unless you had a crystal ball, you were wrong, Jat. There were no cod around here last year, and there were boats out there fishing that proved it( I was on one of them). But I don't need to go back and quote those posts, because I'm sure you remember. Also, there was the issue of no one wanting to pay to go out, also. By the way, even w/ decent fishing, I have a tough time getting a trip together. And as for your weekday trips, I got a total of eight phone calls for last Tuesday and Wednesday, w/ their blue-bird forecasts. You started the post looking for a Captree cod boat last month. Why?

You're being right about cod last year is like me being right about saying the sun is out now.

I'm going to bed so I can catch cod tomorrow. If you want, tomorrow night I'll quote the posts that said there were no cod around Fire Island last winter. If you supply your phone number, I will have no fewer than eight talented captains call you to explain each wreck they fished, when, last winter, and how many cod they caught.

'night.

Paul

elynn

posted 03/23/2008 09:39 AM  

HAPPYEASTER

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT FISHING SEASONShadesShadesShadesShadesShades

jat56

posted 03/23/2008 12:18 PM  

last year

paul,

I dont want to argue with you, but please check some of last years posts you wrote about the fire island area. You said alot about the void of cod and mackerel in this area because of the geographical layout and the lack of bait. I'll also bet you there will be a mackerel run this year. good luck today and happy easter.

crabman1130

posted 03/23/2008 01:01 PM  

darkstrike wrote:

We went, there were 32 total cod for the day with a 16 pounder taking the pool. 1 monster blackfish with assorted smaller blackfish, bout a dozen small ling, a couple of conger eels and bout 6 dogs. all said not a bad trip at all.

How many anglers were on this trip? Did Kenny run the boat?

So you must have met jat56. Tell us what he was like to fish with?

Hey, it can't be Christmas everyday!!!!

darkstrike

posted 03/23/2008 08:50 PM  

I would say there were about 45 fares total, and no Kenny did not run the trip he was upstate visiting family, Neil ran the trip with Marge and Mike as the mates.

As far as jat goes i didn't meet him or even know he was on the trip.

CaptPaul
Noreast.com Club Member

Fisheries Management
Partyboat Fishing

posted 03/23/2008 09:07 PM  

jat56 wrote:

paul,

I dont want to argue with you, but please check some of last years posts you wrote about the fire island area. You said alot about the void of cod and mackerel in this area because of the geographical layout and the lack of bait. I'll also bet you there will be a mackerel run this year. good luck today and happy easter.

The stuff abojut the void was directed at makerel, and bottom fishing in general. I am admittedly surprised that this large cod year-class actually spread doen to us. But I would be more than surprised if there is a mass of macks getting ready to swim down our beach next month. If they do, I'll call you.

Today was slow, keot a dozen and returned about the same- Very litle blackfish life, and about 15 ling. Pretty disappointing from what has been going on, but from what I gather it was slow in many pllaces today. Happy Easter.

Paul

darkstrike

posted 03/23/2008 09:19 PM  

CaptPaul wrote:

[quote=jat56]paul,

Today was slow, keot a dozen and returned about the same- Very litle blackfish life, and about 15 ling. Pretty disappointing from what has been going on, but from what I gather it was slow in many pllaces today. Happy Easter.

Paul

yea seems like all the trips today didn't fare as well. The Laura Lee didnt do as well as yesterday either.

Discussion Boards > Partyboat Fishing Page  1, 2  Next  
Jump to:  

2020 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.