Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

What was your scariest moment?

Page  1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Boards > The Angler's Lounge
MakoMike
Noreast.com Club Member

Noreast Writer

posted 09/12/2010 12:13 PM  

For vets, no counting the times people were shooting at you.

Mine was a train wreck on the the Harlem Division about 25 years ago. Sitting on the train heading home from work and all of a sudden all hell brakes loose just south of the Scarsdale train station. All the lights go off, I'm sitting next to the window and all of a sudden lots of screaching metal and the car starts to roll over, far enough that I'm looking out the window down at the ground! Car righted itself and we came to a screaching halt right in the middle of the train station. Turns out the car in front of mine (I was in the last car) lost a wheel, derailed and took us with it. Had to hike up and enbankment and hitch a ride home. No Metro North, cops or fire/rescue showed up in the 45 minutes I waited around. Really

====MakoMike=====

Click here for The Makomania Sportfishing website

Makomania out

This post edited by MakoMike 02:22 PM 09/12/2010

canyonfvr

Noreast.com Website Features
The Angler's Lounge
Posted Reports
Welcome Aboard

posted 09/12/2010 12:21 PM  

Why is it for vets ConfusedConfused

its a  tiger shark A WHAAT

CANYONFVR OUT

Cornfield

jpd

posted 09/12/2010 12:25 PM  

canyonfvr wrote:

LOL, if you're a vet no incidents of being shot at count.

"A lawyer with his briefcase can steal more than a hundred men with guns." - Mario Puzo

AZFISHKILLER

posted 09/12/2010 12:48 PM  

jpd wrote:

canyonfvr wrote:

Getting shot at should count, Mike just doesn't want to tyalk about all the times he got shot at. lol

What your children don't learn from you, life will teach them, and you have season tickets. Smile

edvac

posted 09/12/2010 12:55 PM  

dem biches

miss 1 payment ToungueToungueToungueToungue

Almost a lawyer

canyonfvr

Noreast.com Website Features
The Angler's Lounge
Posted Reports
Welcome Aboard

posted 09/12/2010 01:31 PM  

jpd wrote:

canyonfvr wrote:

OOPS ToungueToungue

its a  tiger shark A WHAAT

CANYONFVR OUT

Cornfield

Musella

posted 09/12/2010 01:33 PM  

Watching the second plane hit the WTC live.

chawk

posted 09/12/2010 02:14 PM  

Musella wrote:

Yup!

Huntington Angler's Club
huntingtonanglers.com

steamboat1

posted 09/12/2010 02:20 PM  

9 years ago yesterday....Frown

MakoMike
Noreast.com Club Member

Noreast Writer

posted 09/12/2010 02:24 PM  

AZFISHKILLER wrote:

jpd wrote:

canyonfvr wrote:

Getting shot at should count, Mike just doesn't want to tyalk about all the times he got shot at. lol

Most vets don't Roll

====MakoMike=====

Click here for The Makomania Sportfishing website

Makomania out

reelfisher
Noreast.com Club Member

Posted Reports
Partyboat Fishing
Fisheries Management

posted 09/13/2010 03:53 PM  

Musella wrote:

Yup. That ranks right up thre for me too... especially having to dive for cover from falling debris under 4 WTC.

Since then though I have a newer scarier one. MY son was almost 8 when he darted across a small steet as a van was approaching. He froze and the van slammed on his brakes and literally stopped about an inch from hitting himsurprise

"If you can read this, thank a teacher....and
since it's in English, thank a soldier."

Tizod

posted 09/13/2010 04:00 PM  

I have 2 and I cannot decide which was worse.

One, was the plane that crashed into the building next door to my building in Los Angeles.

I was playing Xbox with my roommate after work when we heard that diving plane sound and a big explosion.

4 people on the plane died and one old guy in the building.

The second was about 2 weeks after 9/11. I had to fly up to San Francisco for work and everyone on the plane was really edgy as you could imagine.

We were coming in for our landing at SFO when the plane was struck by lighting. Imagine sitting there all tense and suddenly there was a flash and a loud boom.

I had to change my pants before getting off that flight. Toungue

"Go **** yourself commie *******" - Noreast Republican Club

PURSUITWA

posted 09/13/2010 04:04 PM  

When I heard... " I now pronounce you husband and wife"

Skatemaster,time to apologize to Tevlin's parents

jpd

posted 09/13/2010 04:25 PM  

I was up at 59th and Madison when the Towers were hit – it was scary but more surreal from that distance.

Worst was my friends 21st birthday, I turned 2 months earlier. Everything was fine, until a Camaro pulled up next to his ’68 Plymouth 383 Roadrunner. Race was on, but the newly minted 21 y/o (that day) decided to bear right at 50 miles an hour. Wasn’t happening, jumped the curb and smashed directly head-on to a light pole. Engine went 2 feet back and the drive shaft split the rear axle.

Can remember vividly to this day his girlfriend Anne smashing headfirst off the metal dashboard, I was in the back rear passenger seat behind her. Everyone besides me in the car was knocked out cold, I freaked and walked home. I figured they were all dead, couldn’t deal with it.

My friend woke up the next day in the hospital, was told that the three of you survived. He flipped out and had to be sedated, he wasn’t aware that I walked away.

Actually, it served him right.

ps - forget to mention I broke my tailbone, was treated separately after the shock wore off.

"A lawyer with his briefcase can steal more than a hundred men with guns." - Mario Puzo

This post edited by jpd 04:30 PM 09/13/2010

Savvy18

posted 09/13/2010 09:28 PM  

When I crashed my 1st motorcycle on the Northern State. I was on my way home from playing hockey and only traveling about 80 mph in the far right lane. A car came up from behind me in the middle lane and just as he passed me (going over 100 mph) he turned into my lane at the last second to try and exit. Well, needless to say, braking a bike at that speed is not good (or safe). The rear of the bike twitched violently and began to come up over my head.

After what felt like an eternity of tumbling, spinning and dragging, I heard my helmet start to skid on the ground and I was just waiting for the lights to go out. Can't describe the feeling but it was intense. I definitely thought I was gonna die that night. Finally, the guy that was behind me pulled over and came to my aid. He actually woke me up and said, "I have no idea how you are still alive, you and your bike tumbled about 5 times." We immediately got out of the middle of the road and I found my destroyed bike about 60 yards away in a crumbled mess. I was so out of it, I tried to get on it and start it up!

My friend Rob (who had my hockey equipment in his car) was about 2 minutes behind me. We put what was left of my bike in the back of his pick-up and went home. I was battered and bruised but thankfully, nothing broken and nothing missing...

After working at the WTC from 1985-2001, I can only say that September 11th 2001 was the toughest day of my life. The only reason it was not the "scariest" is because I spent the day in COMPLETE shock and much of that day was spent so numb, I could barely speak.

Watching helplessly as 2WTC (the building I worked in for 16 years) disappeared into a fog of dust was the most horrific thing I have ever witnessed. Not knowing if all of your friends got out alive until hours, days, weeks & months later is unexplainable! When you finally find out those you lost, the feelings are so painful you cannot put them into words.

"I FISH FOR FUN...WHEN IT 'AINT FUN, I WON'T FISH"

This post edited by Savvy18 09:37 PM 09/13/2010

Discussion Boards > The Angler's Lounge Page  1, 2, 3  Next  
Jump to:  

2020 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.