Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

Waders... Choosing advice...

Discussion Boards > Surf Fishing Forum
ArtemNY

posted 05/12/2011 04:34 AM  

Ok guys I guess this question was asked many times here, but I suck in doing a search Toungue

Waders Waders Waders...

I have a pair but it really cheap and it really sucks... They are very durable but very uncomfortable and extra heavy...

So, I'm looking for a pair of waders, they MUST be as light as possible to be able to travel miles on foot and comfortable for a 6.5ft guy with #13 shoe size... (which is not an every day regular size, so it makes it harder to find sometimes)

Any suggestions? Brands? Models?

THANKS!!!

==O==============
Striper wars

ArtemNY

posted 05/12/2011 04:42 AM  

And one more thing... After I buy a good pair of waders, I'm also thinking about buying a kit for self fixing... Is there any kind of stuff like this that can be used right on the beach with immediately drying glue? Let's say I got a cut but don't want to finish my fishing trip because of such a small accident...

THANKS!!!

==O==============
Striper wars

morichesmonster

posted 05/12/2011 07:29 AM  

Here is some help with the search, 5 pages worth of waders topics...

WADERS

Aquaseal works pretty good for patching up holes, however, it needs time to dry.

Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies.

ChuckD

posted 05/12/2011 07:32 AM  

waders

As for glue, you may want to check out TearAid which can be found in many bt shops. You just have to let the wader dry then apply and it has worked well for Kat(KADAMS) and I.
As for waders, that is a horse of another color, you may take a look at simmsthey are a bit expensive but they will make them custom and they are in the USA. I had to get Kat (KADAMS)a set as her feet are so small that no boot foot waders would fit her.

ChuckD

ms8ds

posted 05/12/2011 08:05 AM  

Based on what you have said, I would definately go with a pair of lightweight breathable waders .... in those colder mo's you can always add a few layers underneath.

“For fishermen, the only virtues are patience, tolerance and humility.”

JAYBASS

posted 05/12/2011 09:46 AM  

Red Ballsif you can find them. Some tackle shops may have a few outsized pairs left on the shelves or in storage since they went out of business. I found a pair for about 100 dollars this year. My last pair lasted me since 1999, and they were leaking just slightly but all the buttons for the shoulder straps finally rusted away. I walked six miles in them one day this week, but I wouldn't advise doing that on a hot summer day.Finger They are not breathable and boot foot. If you are fishing on alot of rocks I would advise stocking foot and wading shoes, but I have a wetsuit. If you fish on alot of sand I would advise boot foot.

2009-13 DEADSTICK CHAMP, A-Team Hostage Crisis Unit, Lead Negotiator, LEAD INVESTIGATOR, INVESTIGATIVE DIVISION OF RAIBS

FIX NOREAST, GET RID OF THE POLITICAL THREAD...

SmarterDarter

posted 05/12/2011 07:39 PM  

Don't forget to get a good solid wading belt and korkers to go with it.

I like Cabela's waders they are cheap and easy to repair.

Jerry

killatoyota4569

posted 05/12/2011 09:11 PM  

Breathables!!!!

I recommend, light wieght and easy on the body.. Plus in the summer you will be cooler and not soo hot in them neoprene waders. upup

-- Report Chasing is a Crime --
-- Surf Junkie 4 Life --

FlyTimes

posted 05/13/2011 12:10 AM  

for the past 7 years i have always used ORVIS breathables from the silver label model, to the ORVIS tailwaters, & currently i have the enduras and i hve no complaints at all.. lightweight comfortable and backed by the best customer service around. although i do miss the lace up boot foot tailwaters...

plan B would be LLbean

Just Your Friendly Neighborhood Sea Lamprey

Discussion Boards > Surf Fishing Forum  
Jump to:  

2022 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.