Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

Diamond Jigging for Bass and Blues

Discussion Boards > Jigging and Popping
largemouthbass2

posted 09/27/2013 11:07 PM  

Hi,
I am new to this website, and thought I would ask about something that we will all be doing soon to get involved with the noreast.com community.

I have been wanting to go out on a party boat to do some fall diamond jigging. First off, I am not sure which one to go on right now. I think the Flamingo 3 and James Joseph have been doing okay, anyone had any luck with either boats?

As far as technique goes, you just toss the jig out away from the boat and crank it 10 times, that back to the bottom correct? You jig and work it back to the boat I assume.

Does anyone use teasers above their jigs, such as a dropper loop with a soft plastic? Or use surgical tubing on the end of the hook, I have been advised not to.

Finally, if anyone has any tips or secrets on how to "out fish" the crowed competition prevalent on party boats, I would greatly appreciate it. How can I make my diamond jig stand out from 30 other ones, in terms of presentation, or color, or retrieve?

Thanks and I look forward to becoming part of the noreast.com fishing community.

DarthBaiter

posted 09/27/2013 11:24 PM  

Welcome to Noreast.

Either boat will put in fish, but I like the Flamingo III.

A teaser helps but remember a knot will reduse the straight of te line.

Cast the jig and keep contact with it as it sinks and when it hit bottom reel it in. Slow some times fast others...see what the fish wants.

Support your local Mom n Pop stores.

largemouthbass2

posted 09/27/2013 11:28 PM  

Thanks a lot. I have been told the Flamingo is better. Have you gone on the James Joseph? And do you personally use teasers? I use a swivel to connect leader and mainline but would use a dropper loop for the teaser

gevans

posted 09/28/2013 12:13 AM  

The Brooklyn Vi is the best boat to do what you are looking for. Here is a link to an interesting article on jigging.

http://www.fishingunited.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13681

There are 4 seasons to the year and you can fish in all of them.  The season never ends...

twinscrew

posted 09/28/2013 12:18 AM  

Jig for bass, squid for bluefish.

Discussion Boards > Jigging and Popping  
Jump to:  

2021 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.