Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

What Was Your First Ever "Hard Learned" Fishing Lesson?

Discussion Boards > General Fishing Forum
Margrock

posted 12/02/2013 09:24 AM  

I was actually talking about this at the Thanksgiving table with my sisters just the other day while we were reminiscing about my Dad the avid hunter/fisherman, my very first hard learned fishing lesson went like this. Toungue

I couldn't have been more than 8, my Dad took me fishing off the piers in SHB for the first time (he finally got tired of hearing me whine at the top of my lungs every time he walked in the door with his fishing pole and tackle box I WANT TO GO FISHING!!!!!! Actually I think my mother said something along the lines of "take her fishing before I have to put her out of her misery", lol I was a good whiner, still am actually lol, ). So we go to the bait store (I remember this like it was yesterday ), and my Dad gets me this giant clam, and the guy behind the counter cut it all up in little bite size pieces (don't ask me what we were fishing for I have no idea lol), we went across the street onto a pier, and my Dad said to me "don't take your eyes off that clam the birds will get it "Ok Dad!! So of course I turned my back on the clam (after the nice man at the bait store cut it all up for me he handed it to me on the half shell and when we got on the dock i put it on the ground) and started talking to some kid,,my Dad was talking to some guy while rigging us up, then he turned around to me and said "you don't listen (I still don't actually lol), look at your bait." I turned around just in time to see that rotten seagull swallow the last piece. ToungueMad. So needless to say I don't turn my back on the bait any more. Toungue

So what was your first "hard learned" fishing lesson? Post em up!! upToungue

This post edited by Margrock 11:18 AM 12/02/2013

rocko

posted 12/02/2013 01:17 PM  

Never knew blue fish bites until I stuck my finger in its mouth ha.ha I still wear the badge of honour on my right index fingerShades

leftjammer

posted 12/02/2013 01:22 PM  

never take a cheapskate fishing.
It will cost you a bundle. LOL

"no electrons were harmed during the transmission of this posting"

movetheboat

posted 12/02/2013 01:59 PM  

I learned that fishing was a lot like pimpin. AINT EASY!!!Shades

https://media.giphy.com/media/QGzPdYCcBbbZm/giphy.gif

ItFloats

posted 12/02/2013 06:15 PM  

never put down your rod to eat when there are Bluefish!!!!

Sailfish

ReelTime

posted 12/02/2013 06:32 PM  

Cast Net

Be sure to have the rope around your wrist before throwing the cast net.

vsk

Discussion Boards > General Fishing Forum  
Jump to:  

2020 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.