Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

The Noreast Pikers Pit

Page  1, 2, 3 ... 358, 359, 360  Next

Discussion Boards > The Angler's Lounge
gverb1219

posted 11/24/2006 09:46 PM  

The Noreast Pikers Pit Thread

OK, due to popular demand I have to have a thread that explains about Pikers and who's who in Pikerville.upShades
This way, instead of going search crazy for all the bits and pieces that are here and there, I'll try to list some of it here to make it a little easier.Roll
When titles become available (or you make up a good one) I will add it to the list. You may then proudly add it to your sig.Toungue..here in Pikerville, every piker should have a title.Toungueup

This will act as the OFFICIAL Noreast Piker List.

gverb1219..........Piker Prez, Noreast Piker

Flukinicehole.........VP, Noreast Piker

SORTIE................Recording Sec’y, Noreast Piker

canyonfvr.............Chairman, Alcohol Control Commission, Noreast Piker

psychopanhead.........Chief Saloon and Tavern Inspector, Noreast Piker

MentalFloss...........Sergeant At Arms, Noreast Piker

skiffman..............Bartender and Entertainment Chairman, Noreast Piker

STRIKERTHREE.........Senior Union Rep., Noreast Piker / International Brotherhood of Pikers

jpd.................Editor In Chief, Noreast Piker Publications

Brenainn............Construction Advisor, Noreast Piker

JoeBfishing.........Grill Meister General Noreast Piker

Togster2............Shop Steward, Noreast Pikers

Scott1280...........Chief Military Advisor, Noreast Piker

shebeen.............Minister of Propaganda, Noreast Piker

new hampshire.......Peace Officer, Noreast Piker

dawnpatrol136....... Executive Director of Imaging, Noreast Piker

Leprechaun..........Grand Marshall, Noreast Piker

PURSUITWA...........Manager of Publication Photography, Noreast Piker

ahiman..............Mid Pacific Director of Tourism , Noreast Piker

dsedy...............General Counsel, Noreast Piker

Lattitudechange.....Dean of Admissions, Noreast Piker

Makoman16...........Athletic Director, Noreast Piker

Likeitreallyis......Self Defense Instructor, Noreast Piker

Fish220sr...........Head Greenskeeper of the Bling, Noreast Piker

old mud.............Piker Ancient Mariner, Noreast Piker

Dansgonefishing......Mean Low Tide Building Inspector, Noreast Piker

06405..............Captain Couch, Noreast Piker

AZFISHKILLER.......Trail Boss and Chief Wrangler Noreast Piker

Koz54..............MacGyver Piker, Noreast Piker

frankiesurf........Clumsy Roadside Piker, Noreast Piker

crabman1130........Scoutmaster Piker, Noreast Piker

126Andy............Yacker Hacker Piker, Noreast Piker

Sushiman58.........Piker Buddha GummyBear Pickler, Noreast Piker

and so far we have these fine charter members:

Noreast Pikers
chinacat.......Piker
NYBightEditor.......Piker
Boilermaker.......Piker
unkleJ.......Piker
nprtrodnreel .......Piker
joesepe.......Piker
newbie .......Piker
Ballyhoooo .......Piker
reelfisher.......Piker
fishing4fun.......Piker
doughboy.......Piker
fishinjoe.......Piker
Yaflounder.......Piker
CaptGeo3.......Piker
LightTackle.......Piker
fishinfun2.......Piker

Noreast'rs Who Are Pikers But Won't Openly Admit That They Are PikersRollToungueWinkWink

up up up
MakoMike
Capt. Neil
Sinkerbouncer
onemoredrift
noreast

(Did I leave anyone out?)ToungueToungueToungueWinkWink

Pending Piker Approval List

Chilly - mascot......Replaced by a buzzard on a roll of Duct Tape

If your not listed here in this post on page 1, you have not been accepted as an actual Piker by the ToungueGeneral Piker MembershipToungue without at least a good piker story or sample of your abilities.upToungueup regardless of what title you may assign yourself.Mad

===========================================================================

RollRollMad NOW THAT ANYONE CAN SELF ASSIGN PIKER STATUS AND TITLES I HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING WHO DOES OR DOES NOT HAVE A PIKER TITLE OR WHO IS REALLY ACCEPTED AS A PIKER. IF YOU'D LIKE TO BE ADDED TO THIS PAGE 1 LIST, POST YOUR REQUEST AND STORY IN THIS THREAD SO EVERYONE READ IT, PM ME AND MAYBE I'LL ADD YOU TO IT IF IT'S A GOOD STORY. MadRollRoll

ShadesupShades © 2006 gverb1219

updated 10-7-07

.......R.I.P. I miss U Bro

This post edited by gverb1219 10:30 PM 02/10/2009

gverb1219

posted 11/25/2006 05:07 AM  

First of all the basic explanation of a Piker includes, but is not limited to the following:

and these are quotes from Pikers themselves.up

gverb1219 wrote:

If you've ever put mis matched tire on you car cause you got them for nothing..........You might be a Piker

If you've ever crawled under you car with a piece of wire to hang your muffler back up..........You might be a Piker

If you've ever fixed the tear in your seat with duct tape..........You might be a Piker

If you EVER visited a auto salvage yard for parts..........You might be a Piker

If you've ever busted a knuckle using a wrench, while lying under a car in the dark with a flashlight in your teeth..........You might be a Piker

If you've ever had hot motor oil run down your arm and drip off your elbow..........You might be a Piker

If you've ever gotten a mouthful of gasoline sucking on a hose..........You might be a Piker

If while working on a vehicle you've ever eaten a sandwich only to realize that the "dark jam" on the bread was really axel grease..........You might be a Piker

If you've ever used a coffee can to repair a hole in your muffler pipe..........You might be a Piker

If you've ever had to use the battery out of your car to run your boat, then put it back in your car to get home..........You might be a Piker

If you've ever used a coat hanger for an antenna..........You might be a Piker

If you've ever used vise grips to hold a bolt in place because you didn't have the right size nut..........You might be a Piker

If you've ever had your engine crap out and used your anchor to get back, by repeatedly throwing it out and pulling it in to get the boat moving..........You might be a Piker

If you've ever used a tree limb as an engine hoist..........You might be a Piker

If you've ever tied a rag to wipers cause the wiper blade flew off..........You might be a Piker

If you've ever pushed a car or motorcycle back and forth more than twice to try jump starting it..........You might be a Piker

If you've had the same old boat for over 20 years and keep it going by using junkie old auto engine..........You might be a Piker President

sortie wrote:

a Piker is a guy who gets the job done at the lowest possible cost (normally involving skill on his behalf, except in my case)

it's against Piker policy to buy a new car or boat. better to keep an old one going by dropping a new powerplant in it (yourself) or doing all of your maintenance (no matter how long it takes).

a Piker never throws anything out for fear it could come in handy later.

a Piker makes use of items he finds washed up on the beach or adrift (hey, you never know)

a Piker NEVER pays retail prices

Makoman16 wrote:

A piker? Someone that can fix just about anything with items found on the side of the road because he or she a) enjoys the challenge and b) is too friggin cheap to buy the part! It is sort of like a modern day MacGuyver without the positive, cutesy connotation..................................Since you posted this at 10 pm, you will have until 10 pm tomorrow night to finish your mission. Ready? You have 24 hours to gather a half dozen items from the highway, field, marina, someone's garbage pile, Gverb's garage, whatever. With those items, you must fix at least 3 different things at your house and take before and after pictures. By the way, it is imperative that you drink heavily while doing so. Finally, you must calculate the money that you saved by doing the task yourself with "scavenger hunt materials" just to realize that you consumed twice that value in beer while you confidently said, "I can fix this myself!"

Got it?

psychopanhead wrote:

i believe i would be an asset to the pikers club,after all i fish mostly with my fathers old rods and reels,i keep ,drive and maintain by any means a 55 year old harley,a 34 year old car and a 70 something year old house by saving everything i think will come in handy and buying used parts from the internet and swap meets.the only thing that i need to keep all of this up and running is my one most important tool.....budweiser

.......R.I.P. I miss U Bro

B.Attitude
Noreast.com Club Member

posted 11/25/2006 06:00 AM  

LOL,looking for pikers advise in the boating forum on carburators.
Please add your 2 cents to the pot.
thanks,paulie

9/11

Nothing left to do but Smile,Smile,Smile...

PaddleOn
Noreast.com Club Member

Kayak Fishing Forum

posted 11/25/2006 09:18 AM  

gverb1219 wrote:

If you've ever put mis matched tire on you car cause you got them for nothing..........You might be a Piker

If you've ever crawled under you car with a piece of wire to hang your muffler back up..........You might be a Piker

If you've ever fixed the tear in your seat with duct tape..........You might be a Piker

If you EVER visited a auto salvage yard for parts..........You might be a Piker

If you've ever busted a knuckle using a wrench, while lying under a car in the dark with a flashlight in your teeth..........You might be a Piker

If you've ever had hot motor oil run down your arm and drip off your elbow..........You might be a Piker

If you've ever gotten a mouthful of gasoline sucking on a hose..........You might be a Piker

If while working on a vehicle you've ever eaten a sandwich only to realize that the "dark jam" on the bread was really axel grease..........You might be a Piker

If you've ever used a coffee can to repair a hole in your muffler pipe..........You might be a Piker

If you've ever had to use the battery out of your car to run your boat, then put it back in your car to get home..........You might be a Piker

If you've ever used a coat hanger for an antenna..........You might be a Piker

If you've ever used vise grips to hold a bolt in place because you didn't have the right size nut..........You might be a Piker

If you've ever had your engine crap out and used your anchor to get back, by repeatedly throwing it out and pulling it in to get the boat moving..........You might be a Piker

If you've ever used a tree limb as an engine hoist..........You might be a Piker

If you've ever tied a rag to wipers cause the wiper blade flew off..........You might be a Piker

If you've ever pushed a car or motorcycle back and forth more than twice to try jump starting it..........You might be a Piker

To funny Smile
And it describes me too well Smile
Count me in!

If you wanna to get to Heaven
You've got to raise a little hell

jpd

posted 11/25/2006 09:25 AM  

psychopanhead - Saloon

MentalFloss - Sergeant

skiffman - Entertainment

Can I be editor-in-chief?

"A lawyer with his briefcase can steal more than a hundred men with guns." - Mario Puzo

Brenainn

posted 11/25/2006 09:39 AM  

How about

construction advisor for me?? Toungue

Id rather be lucky than good

psycopanhead

posted 11/25/2006 09:58 AM  

lol this is a funny thread

chief saloon and tavern inspector, pikers

i survived canyfest 2011  

Flukinicehole

posted 11/25/2006 11:26 AM  

I live by if it aint broke fix it anyway up.

P.V. Piker
Unions....spending your stimulus money wisely.

Founder of Backside Brewing

baywatch

posted 11/25/2006 12:35 PM  

You Guys Are a Trip...LOL

Maybe you will get your board.

Who woud be the moderator...now..ROF...LMAO!!!ToungueSmileWink

This post edited by baywatch 08:19 AM 11/27/2006

makomakoman

posted 11/25/2006 01:27 PM  

Don't forget me as....

Piker in training

Piker wannabe

Piker Fan club President

Shades

Oh to be a Piker would be a grand ole thing...

We need a bigger boat

SORTIE

posted 11/25/2006 01:40 PM  

jpd wrote:

Can I be editor-in-chief?
you're hiredup

“The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."

NRA LIFETIME MEMBER

Sortino OUT

crabman1130

posted 11/25/2006 02:32 PM  

I nominate Strikerthree for Shop Stewart.

Hey, it can't be Christmas everyday!!!!

jpd

posted 11/25/2006 03:43 PM  

Psych!

"A lawyer with his briefcase can steal more than a hundred men with guns." - Mario Puzo

ronzo

posted 11/25/2006 05:29 PM  

Yes to 1-7 in a row! I guess I'm in!
Where's my t-shirt?

skiffman

posted 11/25/2006 08:09 PM  

I think JPD should be Mayor of Piker Town

A fireman without a tool is just a well informed bystander.

Discussion Boards > The Angler's Lounge Page  1, 2, 3 ... 358, 359, 360  Next  
Jump to:  

2021 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.