Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

stealing fish in montauk?

Page  1, 2  Next

Discussion Boards > General Fishing Forum
LONEBULL

posted 10/04/2012 09:10 AM  

ive been out to montauk surf fishing & its amazing all around if you can get past the blitz runners casting across you,over your head,or throwing bait from the beach in the middle of tons of surfcasters...ive been lucky enough to catch alot of bass this fall,and i'll only take one home a day for dinner,releasing the rest.the one thing i cant understand is what happens when you release a fish. i understand not everyone is lucky enough to hook up, for whatever reason.and i can even understand when people ask you if your keeping that fish.personally,if you ask,i wont give it to you,catch your own like the rest of us.if i feel you need a little help,i'll offer,which ive already found out is frowned upon...lol...but my last 2 trips ive literally seen guys who were obviously not familiar with fishing etiquette,jump in the water,and grab a fish that was just released by a fisherman,(one was my friend john doe) and kept him, ran him up to his friend or kids,or wife,and came back down to keep fishing. this didnt only happen to my friend i witnessed it quite a few times up & down the beach.even worse is one fisherman who just relesed his fish told a guy to put the fish back in the water and the guy made like he didnt understand english,and gave the fisherman an ef you look,and the fisherman went over and grabbed the fish out of his hands and put it back in the water.he wasnt happy i might add i thought he was going to hit him. i dont think the fisherman who caught the fish was wrong at all, i probably would have done the same thing.i know it shouldnt surprise me,but i always watch in amazement when it happens.

NO MAN HAVING CAUGHT A BIG FISH GOES HOME THROUGH AN ALLEY

This post edited by LONEBULL 09:14 AM 10/04/2012

crabman1130

posted 10/04/2012 09:22 AM  

The problem is see here is that these fish are not ready to be released when they are let go. If that fish can't swim away it should be worked until it can.

Hey, it can't be Christmas everyday!!!!

LONEBULL

posted 10/04/2012 10:01 AM  

not really, these fish would be swimming,just out of the hands of the fisherman,jumping in front of him as he released,or getting slowed by incoming,waves,these guys were diving for them like they've never seen a bass before,besides being rude it was crazy

This post edited by LONEBULL 10:05 AM 10/04/2012

yunvfrank

posted 10/04/2012 10:25 AM  

LONEBULL wrote:

not really, these fish would be swimming,just out of the hands of the fisherman,jumping in front of him as he released,or getting slowed by incoming,waves,these guys were diving for them like they've never seen a bass before,besides being rude it was crazy

Ok, I was wondering how severe the issues was and this just clarified things a bit. This is nuts, and ludicrous. Some would probably claim well he released it and its in open water so it's fair game, but if you have barely let go and this person is right in top of you waiting, that's not right and straight up rude. I'd say something too. It's your catch and you chose to release it that's it, let it go. This is the reason why I like to fish at night totally isolated from these situations.

In Apple We Trust.
Instagram name: fishinguy81 look me up and follow.
Is there anything better then fishing? DOUBT IT!

LONEBULL

posted 10/04/2012 10:40 AM  

almost like ninjas..they watch who's catching & releasing,then inch closer to them as they fish themselves...then POUNCE! lol...

StnkyFingers

posted 10/04/2012 10:48 AM  

do these people have fishing gear with them?

This is a tiny town,and we don't want you coming around

captjackpalps

posted 10/04/2012 03:34 PM  

I will never forget watching clam belly guys throwing back gut hooked fish and a bunch of boats were just down tide scooping them up...I guess one mans trash is another mans treasure? Its strange....But whos in the wrong here? I know its not the same issue, it just remeinded me of it.

sharktango101

posted 10/04/2012 03:40 PM  

I would just knock them the F out. I cant believe someone would do that. if he looked at me that way i would drown him.
Don

LONEBULL

posted 10/04/2012 07:46 PM  

a couple of them have those 15ft white rods you get at sports authority for $39 and their in street clothes,shorts,polo shirts,sandals ect..i saw it happen 4 times,they just follow the blitz as it moves down the beach and wait for the moment

flounderjoe

posted 10/05/2012 02:19 AM  

Ah. Montauk in the fall!! Gave up on that mess years ago.I really can not see anybody enjoying fishing like that.Was in Montauk 1 week ago .To catch smallmouth bass in fort pond.I knew what was going on just 5 miles east of there and wanted no part of it.

bucktail

posted 10/05/2012 06:54 AM  

Once it gets light enough to see, the idiots show in force. Had a guy the other EARLY AM (3:45) pick up a fish I had caught ane left between a couple of rocks while I went back out to my rock. Flashed the light on him and he scurried off like the rat he is. Someone stole my gas cap at camp hero the same morning!

BANNED FROM POSTING COMMENTS ABOUT REPORTS AND PROUD OF IT!

chunkster

posted 10/05/2012 07:37 AM  

The guy that created the issue gets repremanded.

The guy that corrected the issue ends up being the bad guy.

To make A long story short. It's nothing but A kick in the nuts!

New England clam chowder.
YEAH?
With mushrooms.
COME IN!

reelcranky

posted 10/05/2012 08:50 AM  

Montauk scavengers.

Sounds like aggravation to me! All the reasons why i dont fish out there in the fall!down

"Live by the tide, plan by the current, and follow the fish!"

the3fishheads

posted 10/05/2012 08:42 PM  

So, the Meca is officially a ZOO now. Did somebody spill the beans? ToungueToungueToungue

Gone fishin

JMERT

posted 10/06/2012 12:03 AM  

Wack them in the back of their head with the Boga Grips and tell them "Lego my Stripo ***** ". !!!!!

JUST ENUFF
LIBBA # 2096
Montauk Surfcasters #1225

Discussion Boards > General Fishing Forum Page  1, 2  Next  
Jump to:  

2020 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.