Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

Greenwich Point Park

Discussion Boards > LI Sound Fishing
LateStarter

posted 08/23/2006 11:59 AM  

Does anyone know if surf fishing is possible from Greenwich Point Park? Have never seen a report posted that mentioned that spot. Thanks.
--LS

craigkoproski

posted 08/23/2006 12:09 PM  

It's possible

I have seen alot of guys fishing off the jetty which points directly out to the red can. Usually guys plugging or fly fishing for schoolies or cocktails.

"We protect only those things we love,
We love only those things we understand,
We understand only those things we are taught."

AfterDark

posted 08/23/2006 12:43 PM  

used to catch a fair amount of fluke and tautog there....bass and blues can be had as well off that rock wall
also, you can wade out off the south face in the grass for pluggin'/fly casting

Not to mention catching snappers by the outflow on the bay side and then heading to the above spots with freash bait....

morning dew

posted 08/23/2006 10:36 PM  

residents only !!

Unless you are a Greenwich resident its reallly not feasible . You have to go to the town hall /rec dept and get a permit in Old Greenwich (open only weekdays of course) and I think the fee is $10/person plus $10/car. Its almost like the lock down they put on the LI North Shore spots - really sucks. We have our company picnic there very year and the spot looks great for bass /blues /fluke. One year I'll bring a rod and check it out. As an aside I've cuaght some nice bass /blues in Greenwich Harbor at the end of Steamboat Rd at times when the peanut bunker are in from MId Sept to November.

I like Pearl in a can,and Jim Beam Black, and chewing tobacco from a mail pouch sack.

This post edited by morning dew 10:37 PM 08/23/2006

Discussion Boards > LI Sound Fishing  
Jump to:  

2020 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.