Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

Noreast Christmas Get Together Sat. Dec. 21 at Il Fornetto Italian Restaurant in Sheepshead Bay!! All Nor'Easters Welcome!! Let's Party!!!

Page  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Discussion Boards > The Angler's Lounge
Margrock

posted 11/22/2013 07:27 AM  

Just thought I'd toss this out there to see if anyone would be interested to go to dinner someplace and have a little Christmas party, back in the day we had a couple of real good ones, I was thinking maybe go to that German place Zumm Stammitch (I know I spelled that wrong...), or I was thinking if they opened up a new restaurant where that place Blu used to be in Hastings on Hudson right on the water we could try that, we had a great Christmas get together there a few years back, there was like twenty of us, and its easy for most to get to, but again I would have to see if they even openned a new restaurant there.

So if anyones interested, or has an idea of a different place, post up!! upup

This post edited by Margrock 05:39 AM 11/23/2013

crabman1130

posted 11/22/2013 07:43 AM  

Marge, Blu is not a restaurant any more. Pick a date so people know when.

Hey, it can't be Christmas everyday!!!!

Margrock

posted 11/22/2013 08:06 AM  

crabman1130 wrote:

Marge, Blu is not a restaurant any more. Pick a date so people know when.

Oh bummer, I thought maybe a new restaurant may have opened, that was super easy for me to get to, I got off the choo choo and walked right up the hill. up I was thinking a weeknight in December, my weekends are booked into Jan, also another place I would love to go is Harbor Lights in Norwalk, maybe Mud will come down if we have something there, its a few hours closer than Cany's house upToungue .

This post edited by Margrock 08:13 AM 11/22/2013

crabman1130

posted 11/22/2013 09:58 AM  

This is a Holiday party not a diner club. Have it on a weekend or not at all. If you have it in Brooklyn you will have a decent crowd from western LI there along with folks from B'klyn and Queens. Find a place that will allow us to mingle after dinner. Maybe Tony knows a place that will accommodate us.

This post edited by crabman1130 10:03 AM 11/22/2013

Margrock

posted 11/22/2013 10:22 AM  

crabman1130 wrote:

This is a Holiday party not a diner club. Have it on a weekend or not at all. If you have it in Brooklyn you will have a decent crowd from western LI there along with folks from B'klyn and Queens. Find a place that will allow us to mingle after dinner. Maybe Tony knows a place that will accommodate us.

Ok I took "Diners Club" out of the thread title, I don't know any places in Queens but I could definitely come up with a bunch in Brooklyn!! We could go to the Italian restaurant "New Corners" that's been there forever, excellent family owned place, they have a nice big room but ya definitely can't smoke inside, theres Casa Pepe excellent Spanish cuisine restaurant that's also been there forever, theres quite a few new places along the water in Sheepshead Bay, Baron DeKalbs which is a Knights of Columbus right on the water, I've eaten there a few xs food is good and they've been there for ever , i can go on and on...

crabman1130

posted 11/22/2013 10:26 AM  

Don't go on and on. Pick a place and run with it. Zum Stammtisch has had interest before. That's a start.

likeitreallyis

posted 11/22/2013 10:28 AM  

..surfcasters having one tomorrow, another one around closing day prob 12/13

Green Grass and High Tides forever,,,

Margrock

posted 11/22/2013 12:06 PM  

crabman1130 wrote:

Don't go on and on. Pick a place and run with it. Zum Stammtisch has had interest before. That's a start.

That is a very nice place, I was only there once when a bunch of us went, I remember I kept looking at Sinky Johns plate thinking there's no way one person can eat all that, it was prime rib I think and it was enough to feed 5 people, it was hanging off the plate on either side, huge and looked tender and delicious. up

I definitely can't do the weekend of the 14th, the 7th would be a liitle ruff considering I have the charter in the a.m. but I'm sure Captain Tony wouldn't mind if I just bring a sleeping bag and head from the party straight to the boat and crash Toungue the 20th or 21st would be cool, or even the weekend after New Years. up

I'm heading over to SHB in a bit, there's an Italian restaurant right there on the water that I've always been curious about, will report. upup

mrfish829

posted 11/22/2013 12:52 PM  

Marge the place on the water is il furnato or something like that have ate there with the family a few times good food and reasonable .

Margrock

posted 11/22/2013 01:44 PM  

mrfish829 wrote:

Marge the place on the water is il furnato or something like that have ate there with the family a few times good food and reasonable .

That's the place I'm thinking of!! Pretty much right next door to Stella Maris bait store, I've always wanted to check that place out, it looks very nice, I'm in Marine park right now but was gonna head over there and check the place out, Ive walked past it a million xs but never been inside, thx for the report! up

psycopanhead

posted 11/22/2013 02:24 PM  

how about one of the party boats..not the fishing boats ,the ones that do private parties

chief saloon and tavern inspector, pikers

i survived canyfest 2011  

crabman1130

posted 11/22/2013 02:32 PM  

Margrock wrote:

mrfish829 wrote:

That's the place I'm thinking of!! Pretty much right next door to Stella Maris bait store, I've always wanted to check that place out, it looks very nice, I'm in Marine park right now but was gonna head over there and check the place out, Ive walked past it a million xs but never been inside, thx for the report! up

Il Fornetto.

psycopanhead

posted 11/22/2013 02:41 PM  

thats next to the baron bekalb / knights of columbus,,,we can go there for drinks at the bar afterward,the drinks at the resturant are expensive..

chief saloon and tavern inspector, pikers

i survived canyfest 2011  

This post edited by psycopanhead 02:42 PM 11/22/2013

bluefish69

posted 11/22/2013 03:35 PM  

Margrock wrote:

mrfish829 wrote:

The place next to Stella Maris is LI Clam.

"You can't catch fish in a Watermelon Patch" By Roger Miller

Margrock

posted 11/22/2013 04:25 PM  

bluefish69 wrote:

Margrock wrote:

mrfish829 wrote:

The place next to Stella Maris is LI Clam.

Correct Mike, this Italian restaurant is like Scott said next door to Baron DeKalb on the water, I'm here as I type having late lunch special Minestrone soup and an awesome Margarita pizza, almost went for the penne in vodka sauce which is also a lunch menu, this place is beautiful, right on the water,
food is great as is the service, it would be nice to have something here and for Scott and his wife to attend, this is their neighborhood i believe and they went through a very tuff time with Sandy and it would be nice to toast them for pulling thru as well as celebrate the Holidays. upup

A few pics I just snapped of this beautiful restaurant, just caught the Marilyn Jean IV heading back to the dock in the last pic. upup

Discussion Boards > The Angler's Lounge Page  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
Jump to:  

2020 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.