Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

Floridia Keys fishing guide

Discussion Boards > Fishing Destinations
caver

posted 02/21/2010 09:07 PM  

I'm headed down to Cudjoe Key (20 miles north of Key West) in mid march and would like to try to book 2-3 days on the flats...Anyone fished with any guides down that way? Thanks for the help!!

aaron

crabbycowboy

posted 02/21/2010 11:59 PM  

Look up Doublehaulcharters.com. He was at the fly fishing show in Somerset NJ. Seems very knowledgeable. Come from cudjoe.

Dan

CAPT RICHI

posted 02/22/2010 06:57 AM  

caver wrote:

I'm headed down to Cudjoe Key (20 miles north of Key West) in mid march and would like to try to book 2-3 days on the flats...Anyone fished with any guides down that way? Thanks for the help!!

aaron

Cudjoe is a great key...If you dont mind taking a ride to Marathon about 20min north..Cap Jeff Shelar from Catch Em All..1-888-8Tarpon...I'm fishing with Jeff over 10 years great Capt class act..You will have a great time..

I fished with him last August mahi mahi 25 in one day plus blackfin,jacks,sharks 'snapper & grouper..

caver

posted 02/22/2010 07:32 PM  

Thanks for the help!! I'll check them both out.

Aaron Cox

Billfish

posted 02/23/2010 09:19 AM  

Fished with Captain Bill Welder right out of Cudjoe a few years back and he put us on the fish. Dont rule out a trip to the reef a few miles offshore because the bottom fishing was fantastic out there this time of year.

caver

posted 02/23/2010 04:06 PM  

Billfish...

Thanks, I'll check him out too....

I'd love to get out and do some bottom fishing, I only wish I could charter everyday I was down there...Somehow I think the wife would have a thing or two to say though!!

Thanks again...

aaron

Billfish

posted 02/23/2010 04:52 PM  

Let us know how you make out. BTW, there is some very good shore/bridge fishing as well in the keys. I always like to fish the big pine bridge, and no-name key bridges, and last year, my kids pulled some big sharks out of the Vaca cut at night when the tide slowed. We were also watching huge tarpon at the cut jumping and doing their thing, but could not get them to bite. I heard they like the fish racks there because that is what they eat when the Marathon Lady Party Boat comes back to the dock. There's also a nice spot at the foot of the 7-mile bridge just as you are leaving Marathon. Dont fish from the bridge, but below it, there is a good area for freelining bait into the current.

caver

posted 02/26/2010 08:28 PM  

Billfish...

I'll certainly let you know how it goes. Thanks for the info!! Boy will it be nice to get out on the water someplace warm for a few days!!

aaron

fisherdanski

posted 02/27/2010 10:31 AM  

If you have the time you might want to consider a mutton snapper/grouper trip on the Yankee Capts if you can make the drive to Key West or get there some other way. Check out their schedule and see if anything works for you. I'm heading down there mid-march, too.

Dwells5902

posted 03/08/2010 12:48 PM  

Call before you go

Listen you may not wanna hear this but It was very cold down there this winter, All of the newly hatched tarpon were basically wiped out this january. The bonefish were also affected. If i was you, I would stick to the offshore, There are many good charter boats you can take out, Sail fishing has been hot. But I would check out their forum before deciding to book a trip, because they will sell you, and tell you the fishing has been great...when it hasnt. Id say hit the mahi, sails, wahoo, even cobia are starting to show up. as well as some 20lb muttons.
PM if you want the florida keys forum.

Discussion Boards > Fishing Destinations  
Jump to:  

2021 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.