Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

This game we call life SUCKS, and no it doesn't get any F-ing better

Page  1, 2, 3 ... 125, 126, 127  Next

Discussion Boards > The Angler's Lounge
gverb1219

posted 12/15/2006 10:51 AM  

Why does it always seem that when things seem to be going so good for someone, the f-ing rug gets pulled out from under them?
Thats just what happened with my best friend Charlie. Charlies wife called me to let me know Charlie was in Bridgeport Hospital, that last night he suffered a major heart attack. He was driving his truck in Norwalk not to far from the hospital when he started feeling chest pains. They got progressively worse so he drove into the ER. They transported him to Bridgeport Hospitals Heart Institute Cardiac Care Unit for emergency angioplasty. During the angioplasty they also discovered Charlie has MAJOR blockage and will most probably need double bypass surgery. Bridgeport has probably the best cardiac unit in the state and is in the top 100 nationwide, so Charlie should be in good hands.
I just spoke with Michele, (Charlies wife) and Charlie is in intensive care and still somewhat out of it. She is meeting with the sergeons as I type.
Heart attacks happen, I know that. But why do the good ones always get hit?
A little about Charlie. Charlie is only 46 years old. Charlie is a very active person and was in otherwise good health. He has everything going for him. Beautiful home, new business, new boat, new Suburban and the place in VT. Charlie has 2 great kids, Anthony (14) and Christine (12). Charlie actively participates in all their sport activities and volunteers much of his time. Everyone that meets Charlie instantly likes him..........thats the way he is, he's a happy, fun guy. His wife is taking as well as can be expected from 18 years together. His daughter is pretty quite but seem to be ok......so far. But his son Anthony is taking it hard. Those two were and are inseperable. They are like mutt and jeff, and where you find Charlie.....Anthony is close by. He goes everywhere with his dad.

It really sucks this is happening now, at this time of year. This is the time when everyone forgets about their differences and come together for the good of others, right?

Now, I'm not much of a religious man, and most times handle things my own way. But Charlie is my best friend, we've been through many things together the last 25 + years, and worked together for 10 of them.

I don't usually ask anybody for anything, but from what I've seen here at Noreast, you all put your differences aside and come together when someone is in need.

I am asking that you to say a prayer for my best friend and his family. I've seen the power of this Noreast family and right now we need it.

Thank You all

Gary

I'm leaving to go to the hospital and will let you know whats going on with my friend.

.......R.I.P. I miss U Bro

This post edited by gverb1219 04:32 PM 02/16/2008

Mentalfloss

posted 12/15/2006 10:54 AM  

Gary consider it done...all my best wishes to your friend and his familyupupup

Captain Dale  
Sgt at Arms, Pikers

PURSUITWA

posted 12/15/2006 10:55 AM  

My prayers are with Charlie and his family. Good luck

Skatemaster,time to apologize to Tevlin's parents

This post edited by PURSUITWA 10:55 AM 12/15/2006

SORTIE

posted 12/15/2006 11:03 AM  

prayers for Charlie

any friend of GVerb's is a friend of mineup

my prayers will go out for Charlie and his family, Gary, as well as you, Yvonne and your family and all of the other members of this demented little world we call noreast.comupup

“The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."

NRA LIFETIME MEMBER

Sortino OUT

MakoMike
Noreast.com Club Member

Noreast Writer

posted 12/15/2006 11:06 AM  

quote:

I am asking that you to say a prayer for my best friend and his family.

DONE!

====MakoMike=====

Click here for The Makomania Sportfishing website

Makomania out

HungryJack

posted 12/15/2006 11:12 AM  

Speedy recovery for your friend.

Heard a similar story last week at a fishing tournament in VA.
The weight masters friend and President of his fishing club had died the day before of a heart attack.
He along with many of their club members had just visited him early in the day at his house, later that evening, the wife heard a crash,
went downstairs and found him sprawled out on the floor,
he had no chance. Age 46.

Gaucho

Posted Reports

posted 12/15/2006 11:19 AM  

We'll be pulling for Charlie!!

psycopanhead

posted 12/15/2006 11:24 AM  

best of luck,,,,i hope all is well for your friend charlie and his family and friends

chief saloon and tavern inspector, pikers

i survived canyfest 2011  

Skid Row

posted 12/15/2006 11:36 AM  

Wishing all the best for your friend up

Scott1280

posted 12/15/2006 11:42 AM  

Thoughts & Prayers for Charlie, his family, and the doctors/nurses taking care of him.

At least the panic over the "Fiscal Cliff" proved the "Bush Tax Cuts for the Rich" montra was a load of crap repeated by Liars and ignorant lemmings.

reelfisher
Noreast.com Club Member

Posted Reports
Partyboat Fishing
Fisheries Management

posted 12/15/2006 11:50 AM  

Gary - I'm sorry to hear this happened to your friend at at such a young age no less. I hope he pulls through this well and gets home quickly to his wife and kids and that they and you get to enjoy his company for many many years to come. I will keep Charlie and his family in my prayers.

"If you can read this, thank a teacher....and
since it's in English, thank a soldier."

rubicon

posted 12/15/2006 12:06 PM  

My prayers are for Charlie. As unfortunate as the circumstances may be, When Charlie leaves the hospital to go home- There may be even a finer appreciation of life from both him and his family. Its unfortunate how events like these happen to the better people in life, but its not to say that positives can not come as a result of it.

jpd

posted 12/15/2006 12:49 PM  

Hope your buddy is okay G

He just received a major warning, in that way he's lucky.

"A lawyer with his briefcase can steal more than a hundred men with guns." - Mario Puzo

PaddleOn
Noreast.com Club Member

Kayak Fishing Forum

posted 12/15/2006 12:50 PM  

up
Recover fast Charlie and best wishes to you.

If you wanna to get to Heaven
You've got to raise a little hell

MisterX

posted 12/15/2006 01:34 PM  

Charlie should consider this a blessing!

Most people dont get a second chance at life. Once Charlie gets back on his feet im sure he will take better care of himself so he can enjoy the fruits of his labor.

I wish him well in his recovery.

Discussion Boards > The Angler's Lounge Page  1, 2, 3 ... 125, 126, 127  Next  
Jump to:  

2021 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.