Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

outboard vs inboards

Discussion Boards > Offshore
reelenutz

posted 09/07/2013 10:25 PM  

You guys think a inboard boat will raise more fish then a outboard boat.....

put your time In...Thats the secrete to success

reelenutz

posted 09/11/2013 09:54 AM  

254 views and not one reply.....great

put your time In...Thats the secrete to success

cjtuna

posted 09/11/2013 12:23 PM  

Can this question really be answered? There are so many boats out there with inboards and so many with outboards catching fish, I'd say they both catch...
I suppose we could be scientific and build two identical boats, except one inboard and one outboard, then have them troll the same places with the same spreads at the same speeds every day and see how they compare. Short of that, I'd say both can catch and raise fish, a fact that has ben proven over and again through the years.
chris J

seamister63

posted 09/11/2013 01:23 PM  

Inboard boats win every time in the trolling game. Its all about a clean wake and ability to maintain a consistent speed. Not to say outboards don't catch, but the top dogs will always be inboards for these reasons. Low frequency sound may have something to do with it as well.

DrifterNY

posted 09/11/2013 02:50 PM  

seamister63 wrote:

Inboard boats win every time in the trolling game. Its all about a clean wake and ability to maintain a consistent speed. Not to say outboards don't catch, but the top dogs will always be inboards for these reasons. Low frequency sound may have something to do with it as well.

I would call this a matter of opinion and is debatable.

I am sure there are many captains with outboards that would argue otherwise.

kwickey1

posted 09/11/2013 07:19 PM  

I honestly don't think there is much of a difference with tuna. For Marlin, I think inboards win every day. I remember one time I was fishing on a big Hatteras, and a white marlin came up all lit up and put his bill in the exhaust! They sound of those diesels/inboard props raises them.

You can't find fish on the internet

Discussion Boards > Offshore  
Jump to:  

2021 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.