Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

LETS GO METS

Page  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

Discussion Boards > The Angler's Lounge
mikeyreef

posted 06/15/2006 01:40 AM  

WELL MET FANS IT HAS BEEN A LONG TIME BUT WE FINALLY HAVE A TEAM TO BE PROUD OF. AM A LONGTIME YANKEE HATER BUT ALWAYS RESPECTED THEM
right now this team is looking very good for now and the future
reyes wright and milledge seem to form a core for next ten years beltran is reaching his peak and delgado is well delgado.
starting pitching looks good pedro and glavine though older should hold us down for this year and next, soler has great stuff got pelfrey in minors and bannister is a good young 3 or 4 starter
bullpen is very strong and think thAT WAGNER IS GOING TO GO ON A RUN AS SOON AS IT GETS HOT
a long way to go yet but it sure is fun to watch them again
kudos to minaya and randolf for a great job so far
MIKEYREEF

LIBBA #1989
MSA #0127
HRFA

MisterX

posted 06/15/2006 02:43 AM  

SLOW DOWN!

Easy Mikey, Easy!

Im a diehard Met fan but history tells me to hold judgement on this team. Winning a few games in June or having the best record before the all-star break guarantees nothing. Our hearts have been broken many times before ESPECIALLY in the 80s when the Mets should have won 2 or 3 Titles but didn't!

This years team scores alot of runs but or pitching staff worries me for the long haul. Glavin has been hit hard the laast 2 outings, Pedro doesnt pitch more than 5-6 innings, Soler is young and you never know which Trachsel is going to show up. El Duque is also a wildcard.

Let's hope the hitting continues and they build a large enough lead where they can go into a slump and still be in good shape..........

reelfisher
Noreast.com Club Member

Posted Reports
Partyboat Fishing
Fisheries Management

posted 06/15/2006 09:36 AM  

MisterX wrote:

Easy Mikey, Easy!

I didn't think Mikey overstated anything. All he said was that they were fun to watch again and I agree. Undoubtedly us Met fans are far more conservative than those fans of the OTHER NY team but I think we can be proud of what has occured to date both on the field and the moved by Minaya.

I've been a Mets fan my whole life and we do have some young exciting players like Wright Reyes and Milledge that are excitiing now and will be around for many years to come.

I agree with your opinions on Glavine and Trachel. I am starting to feel good about Soler and ElDuque. As for Pedro... I think he's averaging closer to 7 innings a game. The other day he was done in 5 but who cared with that score. The outing before that he pitched 8 scoreless innings and was dominant as he has been for much of the year.

All I can say is this road trip has been awesomeSmile I heard on TV this morning that they have scored 21 runs in the 1st on this trip. Let's hope this offensive perfprmance lasts a while longer.

"If you can read this, thank a teacher....and
since it's in English, thank a soldier."

passionblu

posted 06/15/2006 10:26 AM  

I am getting really excited too about the Mets so far this season.........I am also somewhat conservative and am waiting until the All Star break to really think about what can be. Smile

I think that it's great to see NY'ers as well as other Mets fans across the country getting excited about something positive, why knock a good thing? Roll with it..... Wink

~Susan~

Let's Go Mets!!!

dawnpatrol136

posted 06/15/2006 11:31 AM  

when Wright caught that one hopper in the 9th on Tues against Philly I was amazed. Then he tosses a perfect throw to 2nd for a double play that even astonished Wagner.

The little birdie is telling me to cool it but I have never seen them play this well going into July. Fingers crossed. LGM.

STRIKERTHREE

posted 06/15/2006 11:39 AM  

They say Wright is the hardest worker at his fielding unlike hitting you can become a better fielder simply by practicing, hitting either you have the talent or you dont you can practice swing 1000 times a day if you dont have the talent you never will be a good hitter

Proud to be Union U.W.U.A 1-2

American by Birth Union By Choice!

Skilled Labor isn't cheap and cheap labor isn't skilled !!

Billy40
Noreast.com Club Member

posted 06/15/2006 11:54 AM  

Striker - I agree and I disagree with the getting better at hitting.
If you are saying no matter what Reyes does he'll never be Manny Ramirez at the plate, I agree. however, I disagree that a player at the ML level cannot improve and hone hte talents & skills that he has at teh plate. Tehre are a ton of things you can do - increase bat speed, study pitchers and tendencies, learn to hit to right field with man on 2nd no out, learn to hit teh curve teh other way.

look at Jeter (not somethin I want to do). He has improved greatly as a hitter since he learned how to get his hands inside teh ball and hit it to right. He's actually one of the best hitters in the ML when it comes to goign the otehr way. That's ALL 100% work, adn I feel that made him a much better hitter than if he were to pull those inside high pitches and pop them up to 2B.

The HNIC of Teh NERBs

Co-Designer of the Seeker Hercules line of blanks & factory rods

Billy Vivona's XL Rods website

pipedream

posted 06/15/2006 12:34 PM  

Gotta agree w Billy.Reyes has already improved.He's walked more already this season than all last year.Beltran looks like a different ballplayer with Delgado hitting behind him and its even affecting his fielding in a positive way.If the elder statesmen of the pitching staff hold up through Sept. and they get a couple of breaks with guys like Soler providing some pleasant surprises there could be some excitement in Flushing in October.
Wouldn't it be great to listen to the Mets in the world series while trolling for Bass in October.

Ugh!It's Monday again.How does this keep happening?

addict

posted 06/15/2006 02:47 PM  

This is like Gami saying the weather will be great for a charter.

Let's wait at least until the all star break before we start feeling better.

Billy,

I still stand by what I said earlier this year. At this rate I KNOW that Wright is going into the Hall (barring injuries). I still think that Reyes can make it if he can just get his avg. up a few more points. I think the players who are voting will have to recognize his value even with a sub-Hall avg. He creates so much chaos it has to be recognized I think. I'm still waiting for him to steal home.

9/11 - Never Forget

gebby

posted 06/15/2006 03:34 PM  

youre talking about reyes going to the hall of fame??

Now, you've got a corpse in a car, minus a head, in a garage. Take me to it.

OneOnTheLine

posted 06/15/2006 03:38 PM  

Why does MLB put the Mets and Yanks on at the same time on a Thursday afternoon, leaving us with no local game to watch tonight. They do it time after time. The two largest markets going head to head. Foolish.Really

OneOneTheLine  Off

This post edited by OneOnTheLine 03:38 PM 06/15/2006

addict

posted 06/15/2006 05:44 PM  

Gebby - Yep, I know it's a bit of a reach right now, but if he keeps improving, I see no reason why he can't make it. I think he's now 1st in the bigs for runs scored. I might be wrong.

9/11 - Never Forget

STRIKERTHREE

posted 06/15/2006 06:33 PM  

Billy40 wrote:

Striker - I agree and I disagree with the getting better at hitting.
If you are saying no matter what Reyes does he'll never be Manny Ramirez at the plate, I agree. however, I disagree that a player at the ML level cannot improve and hone hte talents & skills that he has at teh plate. Tehre are a ton of things you can do - increase bat speed, study pitchers and tendencies, learn to hit to right field with man on 2nd no out, learn to hit teh curve teh other way.

look at Jeter (not somethin I want to do). He has improved greatly as a hitter since he learned how to get his hands inside teh ball and hit it to right. He's actually one of the best hitters in the ML when it comes to goign the otehr way. That's ALL 100% work, adn I feel that made him a much better hitter than if he were to pull those inside high pitches and pop them up to 2B.

Yes They have talent at hitting take someone Like Rey Ordonez in what you stated if Ordonez worked like Jeter he'd be just as good a hitter ??

Proud to be Union U.W.U.A 1-2

American by Birth Union By Choice!

Skilled Labor isn't cheap and cheap labor isn't skilled !!

Scalawag

posted 06/15/2006 07:00 PM  

96 games left , great fun so far but a tad worried about them talking too cocky . That always bites you in the ass Smile

Alan

wharfrat

posted 06/15/2006 07:33 PM  

NY METROPOLITANS.......NICE TEAM !

Hey MisterX , Dawnpatrol , Addict , et al .

it's ok ! pinch yourselves , it IS real ! Smile

this is a good team with a great mixture of veteran leadership and youth . plus minaya and randolph are doing a great job and be assured that they are not done with the personnel on the roster .

that being said , obviously any team is vulnerable with injuries .

oh , btw . ya think Beltran is a good baseball player ? or WHAT ? Smile

Easy wind going cross the Bayou today
And the rivers keep a talkin',
but you never heard a word it said.

This post edited by wharfrat 07:37 PM 06/15/2006

Discussion Boards > The Angler's Lounge Page  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55  Next  
Jump to:  

2020 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.