Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

The Wait Is Over - theprofessional Is Back!

Page  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85  Next

Discussion Boards > General Fishing Forum
Makoman16

posted 09/17/2004 04:53 PM  

The Wait Is Over - theprofessional Is Back!

I love this time of year! I eagerly await this Nor'easter's return every Fall season. He's BAAAAAAAAAAACK! Do not miss reports from theprofessional! They will leave you in stiches.Smile

First report of the season!

They are chock full one-liners like:
  • A COW bass is anything over 30"!
  • Fished hard for 1 hour.
  • When the wind is from the West ~ fishin' is best.

And many, many, many more!

(This post edited by Makoman16 on 09/17/2004)

You can't just beat a team, you have to leave a lasting impression in their minds so they never want to see you again. Mia Hamm
  •  
    NYBightEditor
    Noreast.com Club Member

Noreast Writer

posted 09/17/2004 06:22 PM  

quote:

Looking for Mr. Cow

check out my blog - NYC Stripers with Capt. Steve Byrne

strip
    Noreast.com Club Member

Noreast Writer

Fly Fishing Forum
    Posted Reports

posted 09/17/2004 07:15 PM  

yea...I saw his first post today and got a chuckle....the guy really is a pro ya know.

Leprechaun
    Noreast.com Club Member

Inshore Tackle and Techniques with Lep
    Fishing Rods
    Posted Reports

posted 09/17/2004 07:25 PM  

I like this smei-precious gem:

". . . but you can smell fall in the air."

What exactly does that mean, anyway?

The guy's a pissah.

Maybe TM and I should move over and give a TRUE "Professional equal billing on the "ATP" board?

rgds,

"Hi, my name is Pete and I have a fishing gear problem."

Makoman16

posted 09/17/2004 09:49 PM  

quote:

Maybe TM and I should move over and give a TRUE "Professional equal billing on the "ATP" board?

I second that motion. He belongs on top! I couldn't imagine bass fishing without his expertise.

Sorry Lep ~ but it is time for you to either step down or share your turf. This guy is that good!

You can't just beat a team, you have to leave a lasting impression in their minds so they never want to see you again. Mia Hamm

waver

posted 09/17/2004 10:25 PM  

quote:

Being the old time purest that I am

The purest what?

(This post edited by waver on 10/08/2005)

Fishmeister

posted 09/17/2004 11:54 PM  

Mr.Cow???
    funny, i always thought the cow would be a Mrs.???
    Professional what????? B-S artist???

Patience, Practice, Persistance = ><> ><> ><>

DoctorFish

posted 09/18/2004 12:17 AM  

Here are quotes from some of his reports in 2002;

11/9/2002 Finally got the first keeper of the season.I went out at just the right time and tide and nailed a nice 28 incher.I used a live eel at a secret spot in the inlet.If anyone wants info on fishing eels or a whole skimmer clam just ask me

11/16/2002 Went fishing friday with 2 whole skimmer clams to try my luck with clamming in the inlet for stripers. Fished hard for 3 hours with no luck... Remember, winds from the east and fishing is the least and winds from the west and fishing is the best. Tight lines (THE PROFFESIONAL), Capt. Matt

11/19/2002 Anchored up about 30 yards from bridge to avoid any damage to boat to try my luck for some fat tautog(thats blackfish for you beginners).

11/21/2002 A nice cow bass of 33 1/2 inches (a cow bass is any bass over 30 inches)... This is probably my last trip of the season as there is bad weather moving in and will shut down all the fishing.

11/20/2002 After fishing hard for 3 hours and having weary arms,I caught over 15 tog and even more bergals.The tog were too small to keep,but that will change soon as water temps continue to drop,great day on the h2o.

12/4/2002 An hour and a half into it I felt a tug, I gently set the hook and boated a 22 pound Cow Bass, (my 5th keeper of the season, a personal high for me and quite an accomplishment). Here's a tip: Never try to set the hook to hard on a Cow Bass because you can rip the hook and eel right out of its mouth, all it takes is a gentle upward motion on your pole to set the hook.

12/12/2002 Took advantage of tuesdays weather and headed offshore(offshore is any distance south of the JI)... For every 100 feet of wire let out your line goes down about 30 feet I put out about 150 feet with a white bunker spoon(a real cow killer)to get close to the bottom where the big ones swim.

DoctorFish

posted 09/18/2004 12:28 AM  

And here are some from the first half of his 2003 season;

5/15/2003 The key to getting big boston macks is to look for oil slicks on the ocean surface,below those slicks is thick schools of quality bostn macks.Went as far as 90 feet and fished hard under a few slicks,but no fish were to be had.

6/3/2003 Not many people realize what excellant fishing can be had in this prime piece of real estate that intersects the state boat channel and the amity cut.Over the years I have caught quite an assortment of pelagic spieces.

6/10/03 Took advantage of monday afternoons bit of sunshine to ply the waters of the amity cut again to find that elusive tiderunner(weakfish for you beginners).

7/3/2003 well I finally made my first offshore trip of the season... headed out quite a distance south of the JI bouy to about 60 feet of h2o... had a super day with 4 keepers one of which was a true doormat of 23 inches... All this good fishing in less then 3 hours,I went home a happy man.

DoctorFish

posted 09/18/2004 12:38 AM  

And from the 2nd half of 2003;

09/08/2003 After being laid up all summer with 2 cracked ribs from falling off a ladder, I finally felt good enough to head offshore over the weekend to ply the waters around the cholera for doormat fluke.

10/21/03 I went down to my basement to get my surf fishing gear and head out to the mecca to get in on the terrific surf fishing thats been happening.When I arrived I went down to turtles cove only to find I was a few days to late as the bite in montauk is over for the season.These large schools of cow bass will now be heading west.

11/1/2003 I cant say exactly where I fished(cant give away all my secrets)...

11/4/2003 Took advantage of mondays beautifull weather to head offshore for some giant tautog(thats blackfish for you beginners).Went to the cholera banks,this is a fertile area of significant structure about six miles south of jones inlet.Spent the good part of 4 hours anchored over a favorite piece of bottom using fresh green crabs(togs favorite treat)but all I had to show was 2 large skates,h2o is still to warm for quality taotog.

11/8/2003 Clear and quite breezy and way to cold for these old bones,but I toughed it out for a couple of hours,managed to cull a bass that measured 22 inches.I believe I was probably high hook on the beach today as no one else seemed to be catching anything.Surf fishing is not easy and requires a great deal of patience,but with some skill you can be rewarded(even if it wasnt a cow bass).The fat lady is getting ready to sing.

11/27/03 Had to find a spot all to myself away from the bait fishermen, being a purest myself I only use artificials from the surf.

DoctorFish

posted 09/18/2004 12:39 AM  

His only post of the first half of 2004;

6/13/04 Took advantage of some calmer seas to make my first offshore trip of this new season.I headed out south of the JI about 2 miles to get in on the quality fluke fishing that has gripped our area.In less then 2 hours I had caught my limit, one a nice doormat of 3 lbs,by the way its called a doormat because it resembles a mat that you keep in front of your door to wipe your feet, only this doormat is headed for the fryer!May your line be tight,Capt.Matt.THE PROFESSIONAL.

ronzo

posted 09/18/2004 06:54 AM  

Wow you guys must be big fans!?
    He is a bit condencending...but then again he's theprofessional!

Makoman16

posted 09/18/2004 08:17 AM  

Hey Doc.....

Great work on the re-cap! One word comes to mind ~ CLASSIC!

Billy40
    Noreast.com Club Member

posted 09/18/2004 08:27 AM  

I remember reading almost ALL of those. I had to've made a few comments. I also think one of his posts about "Cow's" spurned me to start teh thread about what is a cow, a doormat, a pig, etc, etc. lol.

Whoever it is, he's damn good. I can't tell if he's trolling, or if he's serious. I'm gonna go invite him into the Discussion Boards, he should be a big hit.

The HNIC of Teh NERBs

Co-Designer of the Seeker Hercules line of blanks & factory rods

Billy Vivona's XL Rods website

Brown Trout

posted 09/18/2004 11:17 AM  

I don't get it???

quote:

Being the old time purest that I am I dont fish bait.

There's an awful lot of eels and clams mentioned in those posts for someone who doesn't fish bait.Wink

Discussion Boards > General Fishing Forum Page  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85  Next  
    Jump to:  

2020 Noreast Media, LLC.
    Terms under which this service is provided to you.