Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

Billy the Greek

Page  1, 2  Next

Discussion Boards > Surf Fishing Forum
strip
Noreast.com Club Member

Noreast Writer

Fly Fishing Forum
Posted Reports

posted 06/21/2004 10:12 AM  

the guy taking the pic.....

Caught the other fish.

(This post edited by anthonyale on 06/22/2004)

beachbuggyeric

posted 06/21/2004 10:52 AM  

ok maybe

That may be true. He is a very nice guy carrying other people's fish, but I have seen other pics of him with many huge bass. He must travel with a camera crew. No offense, I actually like Billy, and have no proof. I have heard, however from a B&T owner he freqents that he bends some rules, (at least on weakfish).

a jerk on one end of a line waiting for a jerk on the other

skatemaster

posted 06/21/2004 11:10 AM  

Per the book

He keeps very few stripers anymore. It has to be bigger than any other he caught that year for him to keep it.

Makoman16

posted 06/21/2004 11:11 AM  

So let me get thsi straight?

You registered 9 months ago ~ and now you decide to make your first 2 posts to bash someone & ridicule that person based on hearsay?

You can't just beat a team, you have to leave a lasting impression in their minds so they never want to see you again. Mia Hamm

bigfundy

posted 06/21/2004 12:36 PM  

Eric,

why do you start your post off by saying "Somebody ought to ask Billy when the picture for the cover of Night Tides was taken" WHY DONT YOU ASK HIM????

Sour Grapes??? what tackle store told you that? I have a guess...

anyway, that pic on the front of that book is his fish and also the Authors fish. He's holding two fish like that solely for the purpose of tacking a pic for the cover. As for all the pics youve seen of Billy with more than one fish, tell me where... Back in the day, Billy Im sure took more than 1 fish, EVERYONE did...Including some of the most environmentally conscious guys of today. Ill bet most of the guys who preach catch and release today are the same guys in the 60's and 70's who were pakcing and selling fish as pinhokkers.

so getting back to Billy, if you think hes doing something wrong, why dont you go up to him and confront him about it. do you have proof? have you seen him recently take fish when he wasnt supposed to??? I fish in a bunch of the same spots he fishes, and I never see him keep a fish, if he does, its over 40 lbs.

why dont you show some sack and say something to him and ask him to explain himself or better yet, give the name of the tackle store that says he does illegal things. If you cant do that, maybe you shouldny try to bring a guy down in a public forum...

BF

(This post edited by bigfundy on 06/21/2004)

hdcycles

posted 06/21/2004 05:58 PM  

You know what they say a pictures worth a thousand words.

mattyblazer
Noreast.com Club Member

posted 06/21/2004 09:44 PM  

We've been through this before,

And Billy was holding the fish for the guy taking the picture...
He is a great guy who speaks his mind.

-Matt
http://community.webshots.com/user/mattyblazer

blacktmann98

posted 06/21/2004 10:27 PM  

As mattyblazer said, we had this conversation a few months ago, but he is carrying the camera mans bass

BuckTailes

posted 06/21/2004 11:15 PM  

another one talking out of line! By the way dude....you've tried to steal my slogan!

I'm just a jerk on the end of a line, waiting for a jerk on the end of a line!

PaddleOn
Noreast.com Club Member

Kayak Fishing Forum

posted 06/22/2004 05:12 AM  

Obviously Beachbuggyeric failed to read "Upon entering this dictatorship..... " or he would know that it is not acceptable behavior to go posting what he posted.

Believe nothing that you hear
And half of what you see !

Not sure who said that originaly but its good advice that I've stuck with for the past 20 odd years since I had first heard it.

*of course since I just wrote this down none of it can be believed??? Smile

If you wanna to get to Heaven
You've got to raise a little hell

mattyblazer
Noreast.com Club Member

posted 06/22/2004 07:44 AM  

Wazup

"Jay"

-Matt
http://community.webshots.com/user/mattyblazer

beachbuggyeric

posted 06/22/2004 10:32 AM  

My apologies

I haven't seen Billy in a long time and have nothing against him personally. I probably shouldn't believe everything I hear and YES, I am envious as hell at his success. I don't put nearly the time energy or effort that he does so I have no right to complain. The pic, however combined with bad mouthing him got me a little annoyed. Once again I retract my previous statements and apologize to Billy and the board. But as for what people did in the day, I never did, and the tag line is from a coffee mug not seeing it on another members post.

(This post edited by noreast on 06/22/2004)

a jerk on one end of a line waiting for a jerk on the other

bigfundy

posted 06/22/2004 04:14 PM  

Im very confused... are you apologizing cause you were out of line saying things that were and are blatantly wrong and hurtfull to a guy, who in the past 4-5 years, really has tried to pass his knowledge of chunking on to other fishermen??? It seems like you are confused... I think you just tried to make a silly post and didnt know that it was discussed here and other places numerous times...

remember when you are at the top of your game (like Billy is), there are tons of guys (like some disgruntled tackle shop owners) who will do stuff to bring him down. what probably happened is that a tackle shop who used to supply Billy with bait, got pissed because Billy weighed in a 58lb bass at another store, not his. so from there on out, he tells his customers that "billy does this or billy does that" its all BS. If you knew BTG before how could you even think he was doing stuff illegally???

but I respect the fact that you apologized...
ITs done...
BF

Fishmeister

posted 06/22/2004 06:12 PM  

i really think Billy ought to write another book, only this time he should be carrying 2 pool cues behind his back, lmao!!!

Patience, Practice, Persistance = ><> ><> ><>

Discussion Boards > Surf Fishing Forum Page  1, 2  Next  
Jump to:  

2022 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.