Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

Buy, Sell, Trade >>> Hunting/Shooting Equipment

Page  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Discussion Boards > Hunting
Hunt n' Fish
Noreast.com Club Member

Boating Angler
General Fishing Forum
Posted Reports
Hunting

posted 12/06/2008 06:05 PM  

Being that this is a fishing website, the regular "For Sale" section has always had a stigma about the posting of hunting and shooting equipment. I've received complaints about firearms and bows offered for sale there a few times. I think the uniqueness of this board existing on a fishing website would allow for a seperate "For Sale" section in the form of a running post I'll sticky at the top of the forum. I will model it after the post Kil has in his forum.

As in Kil's post, this "Buy, Sell, Trade" post is not to be used for any commercial sales of items. This is a place for Noreast members to buy, sell or trade personal hunting and shooting items ONLY. Additionally, no unlawful sales of firearms are allowed. INTER-state sales of all firearms are not allowed without a FFL. INTRA-state sales of long guns are okay, as long as your state allows them. I know NY does, if anyone wants to PM their states rules on firearm sales that would be helpful. INTRA-state sales of handguns are acceptable as well, as long as the required licenses are possesed.

Once transaction is completed, please post about the completed transaction so that other members should know.

Please PM me to inform me of any innappropriate items or transactions that may occur.

Chris

President, RAIBS
Recreational Anglers against Internet BS

Hunt n' Fish
Noreast.com Club Member

Boating Angler
General Fishing Forum
Posted Reports
Hunting

posted 12/06/2008 06:17 PM  

I'll start it off. . .

I have some Flambeau wood ducks and greenwing teal. They were water keels, and I added weights to the keels myself.

4 wood ducks (2 drakes, 2 hens)
4 greenwing teal (2 drakes, 2 hens)

8 wood ducks and teal asking $25

President, RAIBS

This post edited by Hunt n' Fish 10:35 AM 02/13/2009

gverb1219

posted 12/06/2008 06:40 PM  

SUMMARY OF CONNECTICUT STATE GUN LAWS

BUYING HANDGUNS—PERMIT OR ELIGIBILITY CERTIFICATE REQUIRED

With the exception of federal marshals and parole and peace officers, anyone buying or otherwise acquiring a handgun (except an antique) in Connecticut must be a resident and present a valid gun dealer's permit, handgun eligibility certificate, or handgun permit (CGS § 29-33(b)). (The residency requirement is a federal requirement (18 USC §§ 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(b)(3), 27 CFR 478. 29 and 478. 30. )

The dealer's permit is a local permit issued by police chiefs (or borough wardens or first selectmen) and allows federally licensed firearm dealers to sell handguns; the eligibility certificate is issued by DPS and allows an individual to get handguns and keep them at his or her home or business place; and the gun permit is issued by DPS and allows the permittee to carry handguns statewide (CGS § 29-33b).

RESTRICTION ON GUN TRANSFERS/TRANSFER PROCEDURES

Handgun Sales/Transfers

All handgun sales and transfers, whether by licensed dealers or unlicensed persons, must conform to specified procedures, except those among federal firearms licensees, made to law enforcement officials, or involving antique handguns (CGS § 29-33).

Under the procedures, buyers must complete a DPS firearms purchase application (currently DPS-67-C). When they get the handgun, they must sign a receipt (currently DPS-3-C) listing (1) their name, address, and occupation (2) the make, model, serial number, and caliber of the gun, (3) the transfer date and authorization number for the transfer, and (4) the permit or eligibility certificate number (CGS § 29-33e). DPS must conduct a national instant criminal background check on applicants and either bar the transaction or issue an authorization number for it. People selling or otherwise transferring handguns must:

1. ensure that they know the people buying the guns or get appropriate identification from them,

2. ensure that handguns are unloaded when sold and equipped with a reusable trigger lock accessible by key or electronic or mechanical accessory specific to the device to prevent unauthorized removal (except for wholesale transactions),

3. document the transactions with State Police and appropriate local officials within 48 hours, and

4. keep the transaction records for inspection by law enforcement officials (application for at least 20 years and receipt for at least five years).

Long Gun Sales and Transfer Procedures

Sales by Licensees.
With some exceptions, when gun dealers sell or transfer long guns, they must conform to procedures, the essential elements of which are similar to those governing handgun transfers. The law prohibits dealers from transferring long guns until two weeks after an application. It also requires DPS to conduct a national instant criminal background check on applicants (CGS § 29-37a). But the licensee does not have to know the buyer or require that he or she present valid identification.

The law exempts from the waiting period: (1) federal marshals, parole officers, and peace officers; (2) anyone with a valid hunting license, eligibility certificate, or permit to carry handguns; (3) any member of the U. S. Armed Forces; and (4) anyone buying antique firearms (CGS § 29-37a(b)). It also exempts these people and transactions from provisions requiring (1) buyers to sign a receipt for the firearm and provide certain information on themselves and the firearm and (2) dealers to send this documentation to state and local police officials.

Sales by Nonlicensees.
Secondary long gun transfers (i. e, sales involving non-licensed people) are not regulated, except for the limited gun show regulation (described below). This means, among other things, that a buyer does not have to undergo criminal history record checks, and a seller does not have to (1) know the buyer, (2) verify if the buyer can legally possess firearms, or (3) document transactions with DPS. (DPS recommends that sellers document transactions nonetheless. ) Under federal law, a seller cannot transfer any firearm to anyone knowing that the person cannot legally possess firearms (18 USC §§ 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(d) 27 CFR 478. 29 and 478. 30).

At least 30 days before a gun show, the organizer or other responsible party must notify the police chief, warden, or first selectman of the jurisdiction in which the show is to take place of the date, time, duration, and location of the show (CGS § 29-37g(b)). People selling or otherwise transferring guns at such shows must ask DPS to conduct national criminal history record checks on buyers and provide an authorization number for each transaction (CGS § 29-37g(c)).

Violations

The law prohibits firearm transfers (1) to ineligible people or (2) in violation of its procedures. It specifically prohibits transferring handguns to anyone who (1) cannot legally possess them under state law or (2) does not have a permit to carry handguns, a firearm dealer's permit, or an eligibility certificate (CGS § 29-33(a) and (b)). Transferring a handgun in violation of the procedures or to an ineligible person is a class D felony. But it is a class B felony if the person transferring the firearm knows that

it is stolen or that the manufacturer's number or serial number has been removed, defaced, altered, or obliterated (CGS § 29-33(i)). The court may, in some circumstances, suspend prosecution for a first minor violation.

The law contains no specific penalty for transferring long guns to ineligible persons or violating the transfer procedures (CGS § 29-37a).

For more info...........visit...up

SUMMARY OF CONNECTICUT STATE GUN LAWS

Connecticut Law About Firearms Law

.......R.I.P. I miss U Bro

This post edited by gverb1219 06:44 PM 12/06/2008

angrymahia

posted 12/07/2008 01:35 PM  

Want To Buy

Im looking a shotgun to use for deep here on the island, turkey upstate, and maybe some duck hunting down here. 12 gauge is what I need but if a nice 20 comes up I might be interested in that too. Let me know what you have and your price. I might also be able to work out a trade for some fishing equitment as I have some extra stuff.

Internet fishing, cleaner then the real thing...

Bruno1

posted 12/07/2008 06:42 PM  

Chris, I'll take the mallards and blacks off your hands. I'll try and meet up with you towards the end of the week as my work schedule is a bit hectic this week. We've been pounding the birds on the right tide up on the north shore. Got a couple of Canadians the other morning, one almost hit us on the way down. I'll pm you during the week.

Ashland Neeko Damico QAA MH       "Neeko"

Heart and Soul's Nuts for Ducks  "Rocco"

www.longislandoutfitter.com

AdirondackBill

posted 12/08/2008 03:16 PM  

FOR SALE

Gold "Golden Clays" Sporting Clays 30" Barrel two choke tubes Rhino Skeet 2 & Browning Skeet.

Mint Condition

Lists for $1941.00 on Brownings website

Browning

Asking $1000.00

No shipping pick up in Lindenhurst only. Buyer must be NYS resident

1990 Mako 210 W/A
2007 Suzuki 175

clarky711

posted 12/09/2008 05:33 PM  

Wanted to Buy - 22 Rimfire Rifle

Greetings,

I was wondering if any of you folks had a 22 caliber rimfire rifle laying around that you haven't used in a while and could use a little extra cash. I'm not too picky on brand / model, as long as it's in good working order and is a legit gun.

Looking for something to hunt squirrels, cottontails, and just target practice.

Let me know what you have and we'll talk! Thanks.

Mike

Hunt n' Fish
Noreast.com Club Member

Boating Angler
General Fishing Forum
Posted Reports
Hunting

posted 12/09/2008 10:59 PM  

Bows and arrows

37 Alumimun Xcaliber (fluted) arrows sizes between about 30" and 31.5". Most are turkey fletched, some are vanes, and just about all of them have field points. Asking $75

10 Easton Game Getter II arrows. About 28.5" long with field tips. Vanes are dried out. Asking $10

Hoyt LEFT HANDED youth/women's bow. Bow, case, release, site, rest, and counterweight. Asking $100

Old Pearson Bushmaster bow. Bow, site, rest. Asking $25

Chris

President, RAIBS

This post edited by Hunt n' Fish 11:41 PM 12/09/2008

pooch692000

posted 12/10/2008 10:33 AM  

Used Remington 1100 Sporting 20 guage Shotgun

Nice very light recoil 20 guage. Great for skeet, trap, small game, ducks, etc..

The 1100 Sporting has a tournament-grade American walnut stock with gloss finish and includes a sporting-style recoil pad. The 28-inch vent rib barrel comes with four interchangeable Rem™ Choke tubes in Skeet, Improved Cylinder, Light Modified, and Modified. Less than 500 rounds through gun. Gold plated trigger

Located North Fork of Long Island

pm me for more info and pics

Asking $650 Retail $1000+

DonVincenzo

posted 12/10/2008 12:01 PM  

Ruger M77 MKII Ultra Lighht .308 Win

Ruger M77 MKII Ultra Light

308 Cal, Ammo, Scope, Sling

used but in excellent condition, 3 years old.

scope is bushnell 3x9 x 32

500 firm

gun is a sweetheart to carry and shoot but I need to make room for a new toy.

there are a few rub marks by the butt plate

rac37

Hunt n' Fish wrote:

37 Alumimun Xcaliber (fluted) arrows sizes between about 30" and 31.5". Most are turkey fletched, some are vanes, and just about all of them have field points. Asking $75

10 Easton Game Getter II arrows. About 28.5" long with field tips. Vanes are dried out. Asking $10

Chris

chris whats the numbers on those arrows??2315,2117,2219???

If one cannot have an argument without resorting to hyperbole, name calling and emotional rhetoric, then they have lost the argument from their first post.

Hunt n' Fish
Noreast.com Club Member

Boating Angler
General Fishing Forum
Posted Reports
Hunting

posted 12/10/2008 05:50 PM  

LOL, I told you it's been a while for me. The number is 2018. So low you didn't even get to list it Toungue

President, RAIBS

angrymahia

posted 12/17/2008 07:09 PM  

WTB Shotgun

Im still looking to pick another gun or two. I need a slug gun but will conside any others.

Internet fishing, cleaner then the real thing...

Discussion Boards > Hunting Page  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next  
Jump to:  

2021 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.