Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

Montauk - Striper fishing

Discussion Boards > Surf Fishing Forum
NightFisher

posted 08/15/2009 10:26 PM  

I am planning a trip to Montauk for some surf fishing at the end of September or early October for the fall Striper run.. Any advice on where to go and what to use would be greatly appreciated.....

I was thinking of bringing a small camper and setting up in the lot by the Lighthouse. Not sure what side of the point is best to fish from or what type of lures work best out there for Stripers.., etc..

Thanks

RichTrox
Noreast.com Club Member

Surf Fishing Forum
Posted Reports
User Video Comments
Blogs

posted 08/16/2009 12:32 AM  

All will be revealed,.....

Just click here

Check out my weekly blog at Stripers247 View from the beach
Drive your car like your life depends on it.

This post edited by RichTrox 12:35 AM 08/16/2009

shredgit7

posted 08/16/2009 12:45 AM  

if its your first trip out to montauk ever... sept. oct. arent the best times to be learing how to fish there... the entire shore line will be packed with people day and night and fishing shoulder to shoulder isnt for everyone... if you do go, practically every area of the point and the town beach could be holding fish at any time...look for diving birds and boiling water and you'll find the fish... problem is, so will about 30+ other guys (again shoulder to shoulder fishing)... best bet is to fish away from the crowds... walking deep on the south side gets you away from mayhem.. and you'll still have a shot at fish

"I want to thank the good lord for making me a Yankee"
Proud Union member of the UBC
Empire State Carpenters

srfrat

posted 08/16/2009 09:01 AM  

Use the search function at top of the page.I hate repeating myself.Really

Some of us never stop fishing....If it swims,its fair game...Its never too cold..

Ed The Red

posted 08/16/2009 10:57 AM  

srfrat wrote:

Use the search function at top of the page.I hate repeating myself.Really

Rat - are you saying that questions and answers about fishing Montauk are already in the archive here?SmileWHAT A CONCEPT!!!surprise
ToungueToungue

I'd rather be fishing!

locaste

posted 08/16/2009 11:12 AM  

That time frame is a tough period to make an initial trip to the Big M. Please be respectful of other fishermen, do not cross lines, avoid casting over the heads of waders in the surf from a perch on a higher portion of the beach. Take everything you bought with you upon leaving Montauk, leaving nothing behind. Leave the beach in the condition that it was when you found it, or perhaps even better.

The bite could be anywhere at any time. be observant of conditions, be willing to track up and down the beach in your hunt, be willing to modify your bait and/or your methods for what is available at a given point in time, go out there with a full array of equipment that can be depended upon, unless you are an experienced rock/jetty fisherman, avoid the area below the lighthouse as that is a fair place to get into very big trouble, dependent upon surf conditions.

Tight lines:
Lou

NightFisher

posted 08/16/2009 02:24 PM  

Thanks

Thanks to everyone for all the helpful info. I know it can be a little treacherous out there and may be crowded. I hope to go during a weeday to offset the crowds and will try to find a spot where its not too congested, even if it means heading more west on the beach. I am always cogizant of being considerate of other angerls as well as the environment. So no worries with me there..

mikeyreef

posted 08/16/2009 07:57 PM  

the number one piece of advice for montauk

ding,ding,ding is..........

GET KORKERS!!!!!!!!

MIKE

GET KORKERS

LIBBA #1989
MSA #0127
HRFA

BASSSURF

posted 08/16/2009 08:14 PM  

for those that get angry when someone has not use the search or you think has not used the search feature, please read my thread titled "search feature"
I am sorry I can't help more, I have not been out to montauk.

Patrick F. McManus:  "The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't."

Discussion Boards > Surf Fishing Forum  
Jump to:  

2021 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.