Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

Eastern Sound

Discussion Boards > LI Sound Fishing
emuehlbauer

posted 11/08/2013 09:14 PM  

I'm going back to the NF later this weekend. I'll hit the Sound beaches if I can....the question is, do I have hope, or will I just have to accept that I'm exercising futility and enjoy myself anyway? Normally, this time of year would still have a few good blues and larger schoolie bass, but this year, I don't know. I guess it's a waste of time to even consider the bay.....

Grizzzz

posted 11/09/2013 01:30 PM  

Never a waste. been getting fish in a spot I have never even considered before. Good luck !

emuehlbauer

posted 11/09/2013 03:48 PM  

Bay or sound?

emuehlbauer

posted 11/10/2013 10:00 PM  

Definitely NOT a waste! Got out here late, and with the wind as bad as it was just decided to fish the bay channel near my house. Never caught anything there past mid-Oct. (not counting flounder in the days when they existed and had a fall season), so I wasn't expecting anything. Had a bass on my 2nd cast, followed by 2 more and a drop off. All schoolies, the biggest maybe 22", but loads of fun, especially when so unexpected. The action only lasted about 15 minutes right at about sunset..incoming tide. All on Gag's bunker plugs.

Discussion Boards > LI Sound Fishing  
Jump to:  

2021 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.