Username:
Password:
Get Account    
Login
         Home  |  Magazine  |  Reports  |  Discussion  |  Photos  |  Tides  |  Weather  |  Community  |  Updates  |  Fishing Info  |  Contact

HomeSearchTop PostersToday's Active Topics

Pete Gray - Tube & Feather Flys

Page  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Discussion Boards > Teaser & Fly Tying
pnutbunker

Teaser & Fly Tying

posted 02/25/2012 11:07 PM  

I'd like to introduce Pete Gray to our forum. Pete is an extremely talented tyer. His specialty is tying tube flys with feathers.

You can find Pete casting his flys to stripers on Cape Cod. Besides his wonderful creations, Pete has an incredible sense of humor. His posts always make me laugh.

Pete was immediately on board with sharing his designs with us. If your not familiar with tube flys, or don't have a lot of experience with feathers, you are in for a treat.

If we are really lucky, Pete will post one of his step by step patterns for us. I'm going to start the thread with one of Pete's designs.

Harvey

Harvey's Killer Teasers
Fish with Confidence

Fish1369

posted 02/25/2012 11:20 PM  

Wow. Thanks Harvey for introducing us to another truly talented tyer. I wish I had the time to sit at the bench and practice enough to create flies/ teasers like you guys put out. You are all very talented "artists".

Just One More Drift...Really!

When liberty is taken away by force it can be restored by force. When it is relinquished voluntarily by default, it can never be recovered.  - Dorothy Thompson

Azaiter

posted 02/25/2012 11:21 PM  

Beautiful fly...I like that belly very original, it will be great if he post step by step how he create his art work.up..Fred

I love God I love my family I love Fishing I love my country…Love it's everything that make me happy,thanks God for love'<ALSO I'M FAIR WEATHER FISHERMAN>and proud of it.

pnutbunker

Teaser & Fly Tying

posted 02/26/2012 12:51 AM  

I sent Pete the link to the thread. I'm sure he will begin uploading pictures in the next day or two. It will be worth the wait - I promise.

Harvey's Killer Teasers
Fish with Confidence

petegray

posted 02/26/2012 12:46 PM  

'dual tube phly...

When Harvey says JUMP... the only appropriate reply should be... HOW HIGH ?! Confused
G'day from the windy shores of Kape Kodistan...

note: primary material tube and secondary junction tube [moves the hook forward and down to shift the centre of mass improve tracking and motion]...

Cheeerz
Peeete
ps
here's a better look at the phly Harvey posted earlier...

and Ms Stripe who makes us get up so early...

This post edited by petegray 07:45 PM 02/29/2012

petegray

posted 02/26/2012 02:49 PM  

'phuzzie notions...

If scientists can turn bread mold into penicillin...
'transforming phur n' pheatherz into phlyz, NOT such a big deal... Roll

'phresh phrom the jawz...

'Phly Welding... **purist tying traditionalists, avert your eyez !!! **] ...

Harvey... If [when] I step over the line, 'smack me around and make my mind right...

This post edited by petegray 02:10 PM 02/29/2012

pnutbunker

Teaser & Fly Tying

posted 02/26/2012 05:23 PM  

Pete,

Not sure which is better - the phlyz or the photography. Great stuff. Thanks for uploading your designs for all to share. I believe the members are in a state of awe and will be commenting shortly.

On a personal note, I'm very jealous of the vises you own. Top of the line tools for over the top phly tying.

Harvey

Harvey's Killer Teasers
Fish with Confidence

This post edited by pnutbunker 06:56 PM 02/26/2012

dennismako

posted 02/26/2012 05:42 PM  

outstanding upupupupupupup

NYS is in desperate need of a group to protect everyones rights to enjoy its water sports and natural resources
if you can or know somebody who would Please help. thank you

Captneilf
Noreast.com Club Member

Fishing Rods
Posted Reports

posted 02/26/2012 07:32 PM  

Oh my goodness!

What an education I am getting. I had no idea about these different methods in creating flies. Keep posting and I will keep reading with appreciation.

Thank you for sharing.

Neil

Capt Neil

Custom Fishing Rods  
The Long Islander Series
The MAXIMIZER Series

(631)567-8049

Azaiter

posted 02/26/2012 07:52 PM  

Mr.Peter Gray..great and beautiful work...love every one of them...but been a Trout fly tier my self(convert to salt water teaser man) I just salivate the way you use those feathers...Love the one with the feather plus the Plumulaceous Barbs...wow...and a big THANKS for your post..up.Fred

I love God I love my family I love Fishing I love my country…Love it's everything that make me happy,thanks God for love'<ALSO I'M FAIR WEATHER FISHERMAN>and proud of it.

lockjaw

posted 02/26/2012 08:02 PM  

Beautiful work!!upup

petegray

posted 02/26/2012 08:31 PM  

Thank you all !!!

While I'm on a roll...
and since I'm runnin' in a FAST pack (Steve, Jonny, Capt D, David Nelson, to name a phew]...
Here's another shameless volley of unadulterated Phly Welding...

'Totally Tubular...

'Conveniently Conventional...

FYI...
Old Phart Alert...
If any of you are familiar with the rock jetties of Long Beach & Atlantic Beach... Confused
That's where I grew up [Lynbrook]... 'started chasing Stripes BEFORE the rocks arrived... Roll
'Spent a year teaching at Islip HS before I was "encouraged" to join the USAF so that I could soar ABOVE the jungles, if you get my drift... surprise

This post edited by petegray 02:07 PM 02/29/2012

dennismako

posted 02/26/2012 08:40 PM  

the vise even looks greatup

NYS is in desperate need of a group to protect everyones rights to enjoy its water sports and natural resources
if you can or know somebody who would Please help. thank you

pnutbunker

Teaser & Fly Tying

posted 02/26/2012 08:56 PM  

Pete,

Fantastic photos. Thanks again.

Uploaded this picture of your shrimp pattern. Did you create the shell segments one at a time with Tuffleye (blue light acrylic)?

Harvey

Harvey's Killer Teasers
Fish with Confidence

petegray

posted 02/26/2012 09:40 PM  

As tension is applied, the thread forms carapace "segments" that I will "enhance" with magical Voo-Doo light cured acrylic...
[I choose Tuffleye FLEX and Bug-Bond Original Formula... but CCG or any of the currently available products will far surpass the alternatives...]
I'll add to each "segment" and cure as I go to achieve the desired buggy results...
'EPOXY ON DEMAND !... 'one ridge at a time... Toungue

This post edited by petegray 09:45 PM 02/26/2012

Discussion Boards > Teaser & Fly Tying Page  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next  
Jump to:  

2020 Noreast Media, LLC.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.